Software Engineer 1
200 Connell Drive Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
As an Android Developer you will be a key member of our growing mobile engineering team, responsible for supporting industry-leading applications android applications on handsets and tablets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to work across a wide range of projects, each with specific functional and feature requirements.
• Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
• Design application frameworks for use across multiple products.
• Work with internal technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.
• Create Technical Requirements Documentation based on Product Requirement Documents.
• Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment.
• Results-driven, able and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Evaluate opportunities to bring new product features and content to mobile users from a technical perspective.
• Build strong working relationships with co-workers, product and other intra company teams.
• Experience to work in Agile Project Management & development methodology
Desired Skills & Experience
• Fluent in Java programming - especially in a mobile or embedded environment.
• Expertise with object-oriented design and development mandatory; knowledge of common Java design patterns are desirable.
• 5+ years of Software development experience and minimum 3 years of Android apps development experience.
• Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating Application Programming Interface (API) calls; background in API development preferred.
• Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, thread synchronization, and event based programming issues; utilization of sound engineering principles in writing code.
• Demonstrated ability to build intuitive user interfaces for mobile applications.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library.
• Very strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the development team.
• Knowledge of Android frameworks - such as messaging, networking, web services - strongly desired. Candidates with demonstrable expertise in such middleware APIs will be given preference.
• Self-starter - with ability to independently acquire the knowledge required to succeed in their job.