Software Engineer 4
665 Clyde Avenue Mountain View, CA 94043
Position: Software Engineer 4
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 13-months +
- You will work in an agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain global cloud infrastructure responsible for collecting, processing, and distributing data from Smart TVs powering a variety of products, from revenue generating, like advertisement and analytics, to improving TV viewing experience through content recommendation and context awareness.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate mastery of AWS Products, high availability systems, good communication and coordination skills to interface with remote teams.
The job responsibilities include:
- Primary production support for data ETL jobs which are near real-time within the Large Data warehouse applications.
- Support and maintain processes that aim to improve the availability, scalability, SLA, and efficiency of Core Data platform and applications.
- Troubleshoot and analyze complex production problems related to data, VMs and application issues independently and provide solutions to recovery.
- Drive and participate in postmortems to avoiding repeated incidents.
- Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of multi-environmental systems
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contribute to their overall design
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
Training and preparation of concise training materials.
- B.S. or above, in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- At least 5 years of professional experience as an Engineer, able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the cloud services like AWS and databases
- At least 2+ years of experience in database management with complex SQL queries;
- At least 1+ years of experience in design, deploy and maintain cloud infrastructure based on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience supporting mission critical production applications
- Experience with building, deploying and scaling out SaaS/Cloud applications on Amazon Web Services using the various services provided by AWS
- Experience with continuous integration using Jenkins, log collection, and analysis, version control systems like GitHub or Stash (BitBucket)
- Experience with automation tools like Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, AWS CloudFormation etc.,
- Expert in at least one of these languages - Shell, Python, GoLang
- Knowledge on different deployment strategies like blue-green deployment
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations for highly available applications
- Ability to automate AWS deployments and train others
- Experience with Database Administration, schema design, query analysis, performance tuning, and optimization is a plus.