Software QA Engineer 1
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
Position: Software QA Engineer I
Location: Plano, TX
Duration: 13-months +
- The main function of a software QA engineer is to research and test the design, functionality and maintenance of software, systems and processes and develop quality standards.
- Review and test written logical database descriptions and identifiers.
- Analyses software programs for bugs and errors in written code, through the conducting of system tests and requirement checks.
- Facilitate the maintenance and repair to software programs when bugs arise.
- May specialize in areas of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, product reliability, inventory control, automated testing, software, research and development, and administrative application.
- Coordinate testing activities.
- Develop automation scripts using open-source tools.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to read and write software code, performance analytics, and systems software.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make changes as needed to resolve issues.
- Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, Visual Basic, etc.
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science or related field required.
- 0-2 years experience required.