Software Quality Analyst
5601 Green Valley Drive Bloomington, Minnesota 55437-1099
Software Quality Analyst
Do you think education is the most important thing in the world? Are you always learning and try to inspire others to learn about new skills and subjects? This role is for you!
ektello is seeking talent to fill our Software Quality Analyst for one of our top education professionals in the world in Bloomington, MN. Our client strives to spread the benefits of education worldwide with an array of technologies, products, and services that cater address social and environmental impacts and needs.
- Create, edit and update test plans and test cases ensuring use of appropriate test methodology, complete test coverage and full test documentation for all code to be tested, including integrations with partner systems
- Collaborate with developers and business analysts during the full story lifecycle to ensure that everyone has the same understanding of application functionality
- Build automated tests that validate story-based functional requirements
- Document and escalate code defects per standard processes
- Provide coordination and leadership for projects as needed
- Assist with go/no go deployment decision
- Investigate issues to identify root cause and develop tests to mimic the issue
- Contribute to the QA team by initiating and collaborating on efforts related to testing methods, technology improvements and test architecture improvements
- Knowledgeable of software testing, methodologies, processes, procedures and best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required including the ability to explain code to others on the team
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on a complex system and highly configurable product, and understand the supporting technologies behind it
- Strong knowledge of web application test automation frameworks, such as Selenium, Geb/Spock
- Experience with MS SQL Server or other relational databases with the ability to create queries
- Experience with restful services, SOAP, XML, JSON
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability and passion about quality of work
- Ability to work independently and desire to take ownership is required
- Able to work with the team processes even if you don’ t personally agree with it
- Performance testing experience preferred
- Experience with CI tools and configuration
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- 1-5 years of experience in software quality assurance testing
- Experience in automated testing
- Experience with manual testing
- Team uses Selenium, Geb/Spock tools currently.
- Highly motivated
- Team player
- Eager to learn and do research if needed and research new ideas and issues they are encountering.