Software Tester - Mobile
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
Product Software Test Engineer – Mobile
**W2 contract, onsite Plano, TX**
**Minimum 9 months **
This role is responsible for the performance of engineering duties for the proper and proactive testing and evaluation of wireless products (Smartphones, tablets, wearables) primarily. Performs tasks as a test engineering representative and US customer quality assurance, lab teams using customer relations sensitivities and skills to proactively test, adapt and facilitate the adaptation of the product into clients product delivery infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Use technical engineering knowledge and experience to understand customer applications test cases. Skills and knowledge to test and evaluate new Wireless Products and Accessories, including the verification of product features by simulation and/or reproduction of errors and complaints of Wireless products.
- Will perform automation testing of mobile products, use automation tools to perform testing, identify and analyze issues found during testing, work with multiple teams to resolve these issues in time.
- Candidate should be able to generate test reports of high quality and ensure timely delivery of these test reports internally and externally.
- Interface proactively and effectively with multiple development engineering teams in remote locations, US support teams and dept. team members, various client carriers engineering personnel.
- Perform complex, semi-routine and routine application tests, to evaluate embedded applications firmware for quality, standards performance, functionality conformance and adaptation to insure the interoperability of system products.
- Make recommendations to management personnel or product development engineers on corrective actions required and effectively adapt solutions agreed upon in a timely manner to ensure correct and effective product launches and installation.
- Coordinate and review, testing of 3rd party companies to complete required independent testing.
- Generate, track and close non-compliant issues in Samsung configuration management environment. Perform regression tests of firmware improvements to validate corrective actions.
- A Bachelors Degree in engineering or related electronics technical training from four-year College or university.
- Mobile testing experience is a must
- Automation mobile testing experience is also a must.
- Have between 2-5 years technical or telecommunications engineering related experience.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret technical requirements and procedures.
- Must have excellent MS Office proficiency.
- Develop and maintain excellent technical skills including proactive, customer service oriented working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize and prioritize multiple engineering support assignments and projects as directed by the manager of the group and/or other departmental officers.
- Read, interpret and act on very high level of proper understanding of technical documents, engineering test materials and related documents based on corporate engineering standards and philosophy.
- In customer service-related situations demonstrate high competency level in communication skills using both oral and written modes for internal and external personnel at all management and staff organizational levels for both persuasion in sales decision activities and/or the communication of technical information. Must be able to communicate in writing, through email and reports, or orally complex technical matters to an audience that may include less technically oriented listeners.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames. Tasks are guided by clearly defined objectives and functional direction with an implied knowledge of task alternatives and decision making experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.