Solution Architect - Big Data / Technical Lead IV
440 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202
Technical Lead – Big Data (W2 Only)
- Expertise in Data technologies and Big Data tools, like Spark, Kafka, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Pig, Impala, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce, etc.
- Solid knowledge of state-of-the art programming languages like Java, Python, Scala and object-oriented approaches in designing, coding, testing and debugging programs.
- Design, build and maintain Big Data workflows/pipelines to process billions of records in large-scale data environments with experience in end-to-end design and build process of Near-Real Time and Batch Data Pipelines.
- Leads code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards and benchmark application performance by capacity testing.
- Experience with software testing frameworks.
- Leverages DevOps techniques and Experience with DevOps tools - GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Crucible for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and build automation.
- Develop, implement and optimize streaming, data lake, and big data analytics solutions
- Support reusable framework and data governance processes by partnering with LOBs for any code/requirements remediation
- Engage in application design and data modeling discussions also participate in developing and enforcing data security policies
- Manager is looking for Candidates with at least 10 years of technical leadership experience, specifically in Big Data, Cloud, and DevOps.
- Knowledge of NoSQL, RDBMS, SQL, JSON, XML and ETL skills are must.
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- Ability to work independently and drive solutions end to end leveraging various technologies to solve data problems and develop solutions.
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to ensure code is designed with high code coverage
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source technologies and software paradigms
- Ability to research and assess open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into the design and implementation
- Proven track record of customer satisfaction and delivery success and ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with business and IT stakeholders
- Ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key technical business problems, develop and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Extensive experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle
Location: Charlotte, NC (Initially remote, but expected to work onsite once the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted)
Duration: W2 Contract written through the end of 2020 and expected to be extended into 2021