Specialist / Manager Information Security
8024 Glenwood Avenue Raleigh, NC 27612
The Security Engineering & Architecture team is responsible for embedding and delivering security into major transformation programs across the enterprise. This team identifies security risks, prioritizes delivery of security controls, develops security architectures, evangelizes security, develops security roadmaps and acts as the primary CISO representative within major programs.
As a direct report to the Lead Cloud Security Architect you will have the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with enterprise architects, engineering, and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions and controls are in place throughout the AWS environment and to ensure program objectives are met.
• Design, architect and build security solutions, frameworks, automation and orchestration to secure Cloud Infrastructure and Applications specifically around AWS.
• Provide security guidance and oversight to engineering and operational teams by participating in design reviews
• Hands-on technical expertise in building security capabilities in code and deploying infrastructure in code using Cloud formation, lambda, python, terraform etc.
• Detailed understanding of AWS Security principles and services, AWS Config, Organisations, IAM, KMS, WAF, Shield, Trusted advisor, Inspector, Guard Duty, AWS networking etc. .
• Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments at scale
• Support the organizations goals in secure cloud adoption through hands on interaction with development teams to cultivate a security first mindset.
As a direct report to the Manager, Security Engineering, with dotted line reporting to VP, Information Technology Security Officer, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with enterprise architects, engineering, and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions and controls are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements;
• Assess and understand the current security posture and future architecture, providing recommendations for improvement and risk reduction;
• Develop the business, information, and technical artifacts that constitute the enterprise information security architecture and solutions;
• Serve as a security expert in application development, database design, network and/or platform (operating system) efforts, helping project teams comply with enterprise and security policies, industry regulations, and best practices;
• Research, design, and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners, and vendors;
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy;
• Evaluate and develop secure solutions, based on approved security architectures;
• Analyses business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks;
• Communicate security risks and solutions to business partners and IT staff;
• Design security configuration guidelines for information technology devices and systems, as well as mechanisms for assessing compliance within those guidelines;
• Design and build controls to address security risks and events as identified;
• Embrace a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence; and
• Stay up to date on security industry trends. Skills and Experience Experience
• Deep understanding of cloud technologies and services with enterprise-level design experience (AWS, Azure, etc);
• Strong experience with AWS security solutions and in securing AWS workloads;
• Understanding and experience securing CDN technologies (Akamai, Cloudfront, etc.), effective authentication and authorisation strategies for edge-node served content, and general content protection strategies;
• Strong experience in application and Web security, with deep experience of OWASP ASVS, secure SDLC processes and microservices;
• Strong experience with security technologies, including NextGen Firewalls, DLP, web filtering, NAC, IDS/IPS, IdAM, Certificate Management, SIEM, Endpoint Protection, Anti-malware, vulnerability management;
• Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities - able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from C-level executives to operations and development teams;
• Current understanding of Industry trends and emerging threats; and
• Proven ability in security process and organizational design, including ITIL.
I want you to love your job as much as I love mine – let’s find you that ideal fit! I promise to pull out all the stops for you, because what you want is what I want. Don’t worry about hours, either – I’ll be available to hash out your next career move any time.