Sr Java Developer
4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
Ektello is looking for Senior Java Developer in Okemos, MI to work with one of the leading insurance providers in the U.S.
Senior Java Developer
- Senior level developer with strong core java skills, experience in all types of web services (SOAP, REST, etc), some batch experience, and strong SQL skills.
- A U.S. Citizen is needed for this position, as ADP certification is critical To enable screen reader support, press Ctrl+Alt+Z To learn about keyboard shortcuts, press Ctrl+slash
Senior Java Developer
If you are someone who:
- Creative thinker and great teammate who can come up with innovative approaches to help resolve complex issues.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Writes high quality, well-tested shared components that can be leveraged by multiple systems.
- Takes pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating.
- Full stack developer including intense back-end development, service design, data model and web development.
- Takes requirements (business features, technical debts and internal enhancements) to design and implement solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must Have Skills:
- Expert knowledge of Java and J2EE with 7+ years of experience.
- In depth experience developing high volume transactions and distributed applications– both real-time and batch.
- A deep understanding of performance tuning and scalability.
- Development experience with modern technologies such Elastic Search, Kafka, Kibana, Logstash, Hibernate, Spring, Angular. Experience with any modern technologies would be an added advantage.
- Development experience with REST WebServices and various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON, XML, HTML etc.
- Development experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database.
- Expert knowledge of JDBC and managing transactions.
- Deep end to end architectural understanding of distributed applications.
- Experience with containerization technologies (such as Docker) and familiarity with micro-service architecture and development patterns.
- A deep and demonstrable understanding of design patterns.
- Knowledge and understanding of application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat and Weblogic.
- Development experience with security such as securing the users and their data.
- Development experience of writing batch jobs with performing high volume transactions.
- Knowledge and understanding of work in modern CI environments: version control, build tool, CI server
- Knowledge of Open Source libraries, tools and frameworks. Experience with any modern open source libraries would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of at least one additional programming language: Python/Ruby/Scala/ Groovy, GO – as a plus
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
Highly desirable Skills:
- Experience in HIPAA and PCI security Domain.
- Experience building and deploying software onto AWS or Openstack using Chef, or similar technologies.
- Experience with big data and data analytics applications, or similar systems programming experience.
- Experience with SAFE framework.
- Experience with Java Message Service (JMS) and Message Driven Bean (MDB) development is preferred.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture.
- US Citizenship or Green Card Holder
- Experience in the insurance industry, specifically with the health care industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or comparable work experience.
Minimum Physical Expectations:
- Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer.
- Physical activity may require lifting under 25 lbs.
- Must have control of fine motor movements and the ability to grasp small objects
- Physical activity that sometimes requires travel
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face (in English) for long periods of time.
When you work with me, you’ll never be in the dark in your job search. I believe in following up and following through – I’ll be the one to keep you up-to-date on the process and the one to provide feedback to help strengthen your experience.