Sr Manager, National Sales
85 Challenger Road Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
Sr. Manager, National Retail Sales
**W2 Contract, Ridgefield Park, NJ **
Sr. Manager, National Retail Sales - Verizon will be responsible for sales (major account sales, distribution, product sell-through) to maximize market position, product penetration, and profitability within Verizon partner channel for retail sales.
The role directs the use of all resources, economic and personnel, to achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives. Develops and directs the implementation of one or more major account plans. Manages the major account plan implementation nationally through coordination with other division sales managers in a matrix structure. Develops account strategies and positioning activities for all accounts. Responsible for acquiring and managing customer contracts, product commitments, and purchase orders, promotions, promotional spend, device launches, sales reporting and weekly calls with internal and external customers. Directs all sell-through programs nationally as implemented by other sales personnel in other division territories. The most critical performance measurements and the incentive compensation for this position are based on sales within assigned major account(s), sell-through volume within assigned division, and the management of sales expenses and marketing development funds/budgets (MDF/SD) within the assigned division.
- Drive national retail strategy, in partnership with National Retail team for Verizon account.
- Achieve quarterly sales targets for national retail channels (both volume and revenue)
- In doing so, develop and implement high-impact, channel programs and promotions
- Build strong working relationships with Verizon’ s Indirect Team at the carrier as well as Verizon’ s key distributor partners (i.e. Ingram Micro, Ice Mobility, Reliance).
- Provide strategic direction to field sales organization and local market teams to ensure national retail alignment at a local level.
- Partner closely with key internal stakeholders -- i.e. Marketing, Product, Business Planning, Finance
- Develops and manages marketing strategies and plans with national account managers to improve competitive advantage within the assigned division.
- Ensures profitability of sales and marketing activities within assigned division.
- Identifies and develops proactive plans to correct marketing issues within the division.
- Ensures adequate training for customers in product features, functionality, and user applications to promote client over competitor products.
- Initiates and manages proactive strategies to take advantage of sales opportunities.
- Directs marketing initiatives through special events and manages MDF/SD funds/budgets to promote sell-through.
- Provides excellent customer service and develops and maintains positive customer sales relationships through sales calls, customer visits, and overseeing customer product deliveries.
- Makes regular sales calls to key customers regional and national accounts within assigned territory.
- Takes proactive initiative to improve customer sales performance.
- Participates as a member of the key product launch committees that affect assigned major account(s) to ensure effective launch of new products nationally.
- Develops strategies and new product roll-out plans, deliveries, and inventory of assigned headquarter national account(s) and for all carriers/channels within the assigned division.
- Identifies and draws attention to critical market issues and business development opportunities.
- Plans launch strategies for assigned division in conjunction with national initiatives.
- Identifies new sales opportunities/channels and openly shares business development information and opportunities with other managers and team members.
- Effectively monitors marketing development funds to ensure most cost effective use of resources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor' s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a business-related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- 10 + yrs. telecommunications product sales or marketing leadership experience at a territory, division, or national account sales level.
- Ability to quickly identify market and sales opportunities within wireless product technologies.
- Must be able to work independently and with remote teams
- Experienced in wireless equipment technology sales strategies and marketing methods.
- Self-directed leader and developer of others.
- Must be able to write, read, analyze, interpret, present, and explain wireless terminals technical product and development materials.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Standard Office Suite and extensive use of presentation software within a Windows/NT LAN/WAN network environment.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customers organizations and within the organization.
- The ability to negotiate with and convince others including customer leadership, VPs, directors & managers, staff, and vendors with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations.
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple projects, sales and promotional programs, and simultaneous performance objectives.
- The ability to write, read, interpret, explain, and act on thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials, and contracts (or related documents) based on corporate legal and customer applications, engineering standards, and business philosophy.
- Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through emails and reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management, and operational experience.
- Ability to direct sales staff to achieve customer sales objectives, team goals, and results within established time frames and requirements. The ability to develop specific sales and business plans and metrics, clearly define results to be achieved, make decisions, give direction, and measure individual/team performance and sales results.
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.