Sr Manager, Talent Management
85 Challenger Rd Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
Sr. Manager, Talent Management
ektello is on the hunt for a Sr. Manager, Talent Management for one of our top professional electronic corporations in the world in Ridgefield Park, NJ. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of digital products including home and smart appliance technology, mobile phones, virtual reality, as well as computing and gaming.
The Sr. Manager, Talent Management will be driving transformational change by managing the Talent roadmap against core HR Programs & Initiatives including Performance Management, Workforce Planning and Leadership Development & Succession. In this role the Manager, Talent Management will provide, tools, program management and strategic consultation to the broader HR community and business leadership.
In addition, each Talent Manager will have an additional leadership and people management accountability to a distinct HR work stream whether it be University Relations & Emerging Rotations, Executive Recruitment & Consulting. In both work streams the accountability will include setting the end to end strategy as well as developing a team to fully execute against the initiatives set in alignment with business goals around talent development. Within University and Emerging this includes direct consultation with C-Level and senior leaders across SEA, the development of a new undergraduate program, the people management of 2 UR recruiting and program management resources to ensure we grow and sustain our commitment to emerging talent attraction, selection and retention. Within Executive recruitment this includes managing a team of 3 individuals that directly source, attract and coordinate an experience for our Sr. Director+ talents within our clients’ and affiliates (as required); leadership with direct responsibility consulting all C-level leaders including HQ executive stakeholders.
This comprehensive role will be done through innovation, the use of HR technology (WD) and the efficient delivery of programs/projects that will drive acquisition, development and retention of our talent assets. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something new! Not only will this role be providing project management leadership/support in a variety of HR Programs and projects, but you will be part of developing and implementing a strategy across the Talent Management and People Team organization.
The ideal candidate(s) will have a proven record in developing and coaching talent, overseeing complex and visible leadership and recruiting programs and driving a talent management strategy in a dynamic, ever-changing environment where influence drives results. A clear understanding of an organization’ s current and future business strategies, deep business/functional acumen and the ability to implement and sustain behavior where performance requirements, talent assessments and career development paths are clear and supported.
The Sr. Manager, Talent Management will partner with HR colleagues in the identification of the key gaps between the talent in place and the talent required to drive business success; they will build a consistent set of tools, plans and timetables designed to close the talent gaps that are integrated in with strategic and business plans.
Other Key Responsibilities Include:
- C-level consultation and end to end management of programs in the executive, mid-management and emerging talent space.
- Developing and managing the Talent management roadmap and portfolio of work. (Performance Management, Succession, Coaching, Competency Models, Talent Selection Criteria)
- Providing professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Collecting, analyzing and maintaining data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g., succession planning).
- Developing, initiating and maintaining effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Managing the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments.
- Ensuring that organization-wide talent management and PM initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Working closely with the HRIS manager to collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent pool and translate those data into insights through data analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate levels.
- Interacting with Employee Engagement and Recruitment strategic partners to understand their programs and identify interlocks and maintain alignment.
- Partnering with the HR Business Partner community to understand the overall business, client groups and strategic business objectives, to ensure the work prioritized aligns with their business roadmap.
- Providing strategic consultation on process standardization and improvement opportunities to Employee Engagement & Culture strategic partners.
- Successfully managing and driving complex projects through the full project management lifecycle.
- Working with a variety of stakeholder groups across the clients’ NA region, subsidiaries and functions to leverage and share best practices.
- Identification of and escalation of risks as needed where solutions are proposed.
- Partner with HR Employee Engagement & Recruitment teams to identify other areas that can drive alignment to our key initiatives: providing an excellent employee experience, operational excellence and simplification.
- Creating and maintaining an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage in support of the company' s diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- HR Expertise
- Communication & Influencing
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Executive Consultation
- Business Acumen
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Leadership & Navigation
- This position will have supervisory responsibilities of full-time, contractual and intern personnel and will serve as a coach and mentor for other positions within the organization.
- Approximately 10-15% travel as required to support HR Business Partner with the implementation of HR Programs and business leadership initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
- 10+ years of broad HR experience including talent management, program and performance management.
- Recent experience recruiting in multiple discipline areas and levels, including hiring for nonexempt, exempt and leadership positions.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Having a robust understanding of and ability to fully utilize the portfolio of PM tools and documents such as: charters, kick-off meetings, issues logs, project plans and more.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports. Knowledge of Workday a plus.
- Bachelor' s degree in human resources or related field.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.