Sr. Android Developer / Sr. Mobile Software Developer
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
Sr. Android Developer / Sr. Mobile Software Developer
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry? Are you obsessed with mobile development and software?
ektello is looking for a Mobile Developer for one of the most iconic client in Detroit, Michigan. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Test-drive code.
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work… just-in-time.
- Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes.
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments.
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members.
- Pair program with different people in many situations.
- Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks.
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology.
- Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn.
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation.
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages.
- Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members.
- Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations.
- Defines, designs, builds, tests, deploys, and supports software systems.
- Leads and develops technical and business systems related activities of major significance to the Customer. Coaches and counsels project managers and Customers on technical solutions.
- Responsible for assisting in the business proposal process.
- Develops principles and concepts and innovative solutions for the Customer enterprise.
- Develops/maintains depth and breadth across lines of business.
- Interacts with senior management/major Customers. Interactions normally involve complex situations and/or influencing and persuading other strategic level managers.
- Provides application programming/systems development and support for complex systems.
- Sets technical direction for the project/application.
- Provides program/project leadership for Customer solutions.
- Engages in business development.
- Develops communication plans for projects based on a systems view.
- Teams with Customers to assess concerns/requirements and develops specific strategies.
- Integrates interrelated projects and manages projects Leads technical planning process.
- Defines consistent project management standards and procedures across the organization.
- Employs consistent measurement techniques.
- Informs Customers about emerging technologies and business implications based on the project and their overall business.
- Develops intermediate and detailed schedules that support the high-level master schedule and understands the interrelationships among the various levels of schedules.
- Develops alternative proposed project plans to support new business opportunities.
- Develops project management deliverables required to support a request for proposal or quotation.
- Evaluates Customer business, technical architecture processes, and objectives using the business enterprise models.
- Leads in the application of the organizational change management process to facilitate a smooth Customer implementation.
- BS in Computer Science or other field of study along with applicable work experience.
- Experience with Android UI design (including custom views).
- Experience writing Android clients for Web Services (REST, RPC, and/or SOAP).
- Experience with Android Activities and Fragments.
- Experience with multi-threaded development on Android platforms.
- Firm understanding of Intents, ContentProviders, Services, BroadcastReceivers, AsyncTask, Handlers and AIDL.
- Experience with SQL Lite on Android.
- Proven experience with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Experience using source code control systems such as Git.
- Knowledge of XML parsing, and/or DOM traversal.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
- Must have the desire to be a people leader.
- Needs good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result.
- Experience as developer on App(s) publicly available in the Google Play App Market.
- Experience with native Android UI development for phones and tablets (multi-resolutions, resource utilization such as images, layouts, strings).
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including XP practices such as test-driven development and pair programming.
- Awareness of the Android UI/UX guidelines.
- Experience with mapping and search providers.
- Experience with other Google APIs (licensing, in-app billing, etc.).
- Experience developing Android Widgets.
- Experience with Bluetooth, NFC, Location and/or Accelerometer; other sensors.