Sr. Business Analyst
23030 Mahle Dr Farmington Hills, MI 48335
Senior Business Analyst
Farmington Hills, MI
12-Month Contract +
- The Business Analyst collaborates with our Business Units to gain knowledge regarding enterprise applications and current processes.
- Acting as a liaison between the Product Owner and Agile Team, the Business Analyst elicits requirements and creates agile user stories, offering alternative Business solutions and clarifying requirements where necessary.
- They perform testing of agile user stories and support the implementation of system changes.
- Speaks and understands the language of our Business when communicating with the Product Owners and Business Users.
- Speaks and understands technical language of our Agile Teams when communicating with Developers and Testers.
- Collaborates with the Product Owner to gain a clear understanding of all business processes, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Attends and is an active participant in required meetings held by the Business to further understand Business priorities.
- Analyzes proposed changes for system impacts and suggests alternatives. This may include changes to current processes, applications, file layouts, and web services.
- Works in partnership with the Product Owner to write clear and concise Agile user stories. Breaks down larger user stories into multiple, smaller, user stories according to departmental standards.
- Assists the Product Owner to record priority order to ensure it is done frequently, completely, and in a timely manner.
- Attends and engages in daily standup meetings along with other agile team ceremonies.
- Follows departmental testing processes to create and document test cases, execute the test cases for the assigned stories, verify and report the results.
- May extract test data from databases by creating new, or altering existing, basic SQL queries. The data will be used for testing and verification of results.
- Expected to swarm user stories to help the team meet their commitments for the sprint.
- Assists the Product Owner and Scrum Master to prepare for Team Sprint Reviews and System Demos.
- Constantly looks for ways to improve processes and discuss issues, all in order to deliver better value to the customer.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Position requires a bachelor’ s degree with relevant coursework in computer science or computer information systems.
- Five years' related work experience in an application and systems development environment, testing, and writing related documentation and procedures.
- Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Experience with the Agile methodology (Scrum or SAFe is preferred) and tools used to create and track Agile user stories (VersionOne is preferred).
- Experience creating, altering, and running SQL queries. Basic working knowledge of web services (REST or SOAP).
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma and Yellow Belt training.
- Ability to review software changes and determine system impact.
- Experience with incident/support ticketing systems and process workflow.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- The ability to be flexible in a fast paced and active work environment.
- Good communication skills in order to effectively interact with internal and external customers.