Sr. Content Strategist
1080 Caribbean Way Miami, FL 33132
ektello is searching for a Senior Content Strategist to work for one of our top hospitality and tourism clients in Miami, FL! Our client is one of the top cruise line operators in the world.
The Senior Content Strategist will support the manager of the department with the entire content life-cycle: analyzing, planning, reviewing, distributing, managing and monitoring content. The position is primarily responsible for leading and managing all aspects of content marketing from conception to launch and post-launch strategy and development, inclusive of producing and managing website content and SEO. The content strategist will maintain our content strategy, editorial calendars, style guides, metadata frameworks, content migration and assist with the technical integration of content. This position will be responsible for working with various marketing teams and the client' s internal creative agency to take content ideas into copy and assets for the website, online articles, and product communications. This role will be pivotal in delivering an exceptional guest experience on the web through telling strong and compelling product stories, conceptualizing new ways of merchandising products, and ensuring that all content is data driven and guest-centric.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain all content marketing activities across the North America market, and leads cross-functional meetings with stakeholders as needed.
- Ensures that all content is developed and merchandised to drive search results, conversion, present positive user experience and delivers on brand vision.
- Responsible for tracking, compliance and enforcement of all standards. Evolves standards and communicates changes as needed.
- Coordinates with UX/design team to ensure photo strategy aligns with the brand. Curates new assets.
- Manages relationships with 3rd party content providers.
- Ensures all content is delivered and is a 100% accurate representation of our brand.
- Works with team of content producers to implement all website copy, product communications, online articles and other appropriate content types, within our style and tone guidelines.
- Works with Search Engine Optimization specialist to ensure proper implementation of title tags and meta descriptions, text and graphical ads, asset optimization.
- Works with Search Engine Optimization specialist to ensure all content is data driven and relevant to what guests are searching for online.
- Analyze and develop test plans for optimal ways for consumers to find and consume content.
- Analyze metrics to grow online presence. Share research and reports to management team.
- Coordinates with Search Engine Optimization specialist to analyze and report on success of content, and identifies new opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of content and/or digital experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working with content management system(s) on large web based projects.
- Proven ability to devise holistic content marketing strategic plans and ability to execute at a tactical level.
- Well-versed in content marketing best practices and passionate about elevating the game to be a leader in the space.
- Standout problem solver with excellent verbal, presentation, written and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to changing priorities and able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, self-managed and passionate leader.
- Ability to lead, persuade and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to work under pressure and within strict deadlines.
- Experience in Adobe creative suite, WordPress, CMS are preferred.
- Familiarity with SEO and data driven content creation.
- Comfortable analyzing reports and providing insights on content performance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to compellingly communicate our brand’ s story and envision how content will be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles such as infographics or multimedia presentations.
- Creative ability, detail-oriented, data-driven and customer-centric marketing professional, skilled in content and audience engagement.
- A firm understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) skills.
- This person should have a comprehensive understanding of the client' s brand and insight into the competitive landscape.
- Ability to apply analytical, financial, conceptual and strategic thinking to objectives, proposals and performance.
- Ability to actively participate in cross-functional teams to define and implement content strategies.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to interact with all departments and levels of management throughout the organization, as well as, with external customers, partners and companies.
- Remains current on industry trends, business opportunities and competitive intelligence.