Sr. Counsel- Contracts
85 Challenger Rd Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
Senior Counsel, Contracts
** 6 month W2 Contract/PROJECT **
This is a Senior Counsel position requiring at least 10 or more years of relevant legal experience. This position will be a primary legal contact for the carrier sales and customer service teams and other business functions within the mobile business division, for a variety of transactional matters. The primary focus will be counseling and legal review on contracts, commercial law, advertising/marketing review and corporate issues. The person in this role must act and think independently and exercise good business and legal judgment, while at the same time keeping the Vice President – Commercial Law and General Counsel fully informed of actions taken and recommendations made to mobile division management. Some travel is required.
WHAT YOU’ LL BE DOING
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts including dealer and distributor agreements, marketing agreements, purchase/supply agreements and license agreements.
- Reviewing and drafting consumer-facing terms and conditions and disclosures to comply with applicable federal state and local law, including consumer protection law.
- Providing advice to the Carrier Sales teams, Customer Service, e-commerce and other product, marketing, sales and service teams within the mobile business division on issues relating to commercial and consumer contract law (including UCC/sale of goods), information technology, consumer protection, privacy, antitrust, IP, ecommerce and FTC issues, in coordination with internal and external subject matter experts including regulatory counsel and SEA privacy and compliance team.
- Reviewing and approving packaging, advertising, marketing materials, web pages and press releases, in coordination with SEA marketing and advertising counsel.
- Working in close coordination with the Contract Management team on an ongoing basis to ensure that contracts are reviewed, approved and executed according to Samsung contracting policy.
- Assisting the Vice President – Commercial Law and the General Counsel as otherwise needed.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Must be a licensed US attorney, admitted to practice in New Jersey or eligible for limited NJ license as in-house counsel
- Must have a JD from an accredited US law school.
- Must have 10 or more years of experience (preferably with at least 4 years experience in-house) primarily as an attorney handling contracts/commercial transactions matters.
- Must have worked in-house with manufacturers or network service providers in the wireless communications industry or worked at a nationally recognized law firm on behalf of such companies.
- Must have experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements with or on behalf of wireless carriers and/or manufacturers of mobile devices and counseling clients on applicable contract terms.
- Must have experience with contract management processes and programs.
- Exposure to the following areas of substantive law: commercial and consumer contract law (including UCC/sale of goods), information technology, consumer protection, privacy, antitrust, IP, ecommerce and FTC issues.