Sr. Director, Architecture- eCommerce
3245 146th Pl SE bellevue, WA 98007
Director of Architecture - eCommerce
Our client, the world' s largest manufacturer of mobile phones, televisions, and other electronics is currently looking for a Director of Architecture – eCommerce, to work on-site in Bellevue, WA. This is a direct hire role.
Our client is seeking passionate, and talented software architects who have experience building innovative, high volume & global applications. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience. Our clients’ Ecommerce team is currently in the process of expanding its marketplace platform to add more features and to expand it globally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a Management role, architecture and vision only, no direct reports
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Building and maintaining ecommerce platforms
- Responsible for the over-all systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology
- Propose frameworks, technologies and standards for development and implementation
- Should be able to conceptualize and come up with multiple architectural approaches
- Closely work with Product Management to understand business requirements and engineering to determine performance requirement consequences in order to translate them in the best product architecture choices
- Open to hands-on coding
- Get the experience of building products from the scratch and taking them all the way to production
- Bachelors / Master’ s Degree in Computer Science 1
- 15+ years professional experience in software development with most of them from a product company
- Proficient in Design & Development
- Experience with working in Linux based environment
- Familiar with managing applications in cloud
- An expert knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, Software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- The ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project as a team.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Ruby, Perl or Python
- Expertise in building REST based micro services platform
- Experience working with AEM and Endeca a plus
- Understanding of Map Reduce and other distributed algorithms
- Experience and through understanding of relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience and through understanding of nosql databases such as rethinkDB, ElasticSearch & Apache Cassandra
- Expertise in Devops process and tooling for deployment, monitoring and site reliability engineering
- No SQL