Sr. Director, Head of Product Ads & Data
665 Clyde Avenue Mountain View, CA 98007
ektello is on the hunt for a Sr. Director Head of Products Ad + Data for one of our top professional electronic corporations in the world in Mountain View, CA! Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of digital products including home and smart appliance technology, mobile phones, virtual reality, as well as computing and gaming.
As Sr. Director of Product for our client' s advertising and data business, you will lead product vision and drive business-wide initiatives to make their ad platform a leading, go-to platform for agencies and advertisers. You will partner with internal teams and external partners and customers to ensure our client' s products are successful in meeting the needs of our customers. You will be responsible for setting their product strategy and developing and owning the product roadmap that embodies their strategic vision and meets the needs of their fast-growing ads business. You will manage a team of product managers to define requirements, develop new products and features, manage the timely execution of the client' s product roadmap and cultivate a strong collaborative and forward-thinking culture through your leadership. As a critical person on the business team, you will report to the SVP of Product and Engineering and work closely with R&D, data science, and sales senior management.
• Create and lead the vision for our advertising products, set product strategy and roadmap, and hands-on manage the timely execution of the roadmap
• Collaborate with clients, partners, and internal teams to understand market needs and trends, and translate them into a clear product strategy and product requirements
• Work closely with internal R&D and sales leadership and lead and grow a team of product managers to define, plan, and deliver product initiatives
• Provide strong leadership and evangelism of the product vision and strategy
• Manage the product team to manage and track product deliverables to deliver on time and in scope to meet revenue goals
• Responsible for managing the product release cycle and share responsibility with engineering for on-time delivery of products
• Prioritize projects among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate business rationale behind decisions
• Create revenue and cost models for product initiatives
• Monitor competition and evaluate our positioning in the context of the markets we serve
• Communicate the client’ s ads and data product strategy, plans, and progress to customers and internal teams, including engineering, ad operations, sales, marketing, and corporate executives
• Update product marketing and sales on product launches and product capabilities
• Be a champion of the vision and strategy to many teams throughout the company
• 15+ years in product management with demonstrated success in leading product teams with 8+ years of experience in ad tech
• Proven experience creating a product vision and strategy that has led to aggressive revenue growth
• Solid track record of setting product strategy, defining product roadmaps, working collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping solutions at scale
• Passion for building new, disruptive products with proven success leading, planning, and executing in a fast-paced, high-growth and cross-functional environment
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to break down markets, identify trends and spot new opportunities
• Demonstrated success with delivering successful software products and features and working across the full product lifecycle
• Deep understanding of digital advertising ecosystem, including technical structure and buy/sell side marketplace dynamics, including the interdependencies between SSPs, DSPs, DMPs, and exchanges, and working knowledge of audience building/modeling, analytics, attribution, insights, and campaign execution.
• Ability to understand the technical underpinnings of products and different engineering tradeoffs
• Experience with Agile product development and systems and enthusiasm for continuous improvement
• Proven ability to influence internal teams without direct authority, including senior decision makers and executives
• Excellent communication skills with proven ability to pitch vision and strategy as well as build successful relationships with executives, stakeholders, and engineering and sales counterparts.
• Ability to drive team culture, including leading the charge, providing leadership feedback, managing aggressive schedules and proven success in building, managing, and developing Product teams
• BS in computer science or engineering preferred
• Manage people and collaboration across multiple time zones and geographies