Sr. Director, UX Design- Mobile Apps
665 Clyde Avenue Mountain View, California 94043
Sr. Director UX Design, Mobile Apps
ektello is actively seeking creative, innovative, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about bettering the client’ s brand and its ongoing mission to significantly enhance the way people live, work and play.
- Collaboratively work with cross-functional groups and external partners to deliver clear direction, specifications, and documentation on how to execute that strategy on projects while meeting project deadlines, and confirms that the quality of projects meet the original UI/UX requirements.
- Recruit and develop world-class talent, by coaching, managing, mentoring, and promoting the work of multi-discipline User Experience associates on his/her team.
- Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a User Experience (UX) team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions for the platform.
- Lead strong teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other teams.
- Develop new approaches to User Experience design based on industry best practices, including Agile development methodologies, and ensure updated communication is readily available to meet the launch demands of projects.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering and Design Leadership to create and align a product strategy that supports our Consumer’ s needs, and delivers on the value of the brand and business goals.
- Orchestrate and help deliver superior, superbly crafted product experiences at scale.
- Set and achieve world-class design standards and associated business result.
- Oversee and guide rapid, iterative conceptual design for mobile apps.
- Conduct regular design reviews, elevating designs to world-class standards.
- Participate in all stages of the product design and development lifecycle, including generative research, conception and definition, prototyping, UI design, and testing.
- Define, share and communicate design and product artifacts to ensure product excellence, leading and shaping the team and deliverables.
- Maintain an understanding of digital trends and practices with the goal of establishing a strong design culture.
- Master' s degree with 15+ years of directly related experience is required.
- Prior experience with graphic and/or information design required.
- Prior management experience required.
- Prior senior leadership experience required.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in User Experience Design or User Interface Design Management.
- Experience establishing, leading, and inspiring highly talented and productive user experience teams.
- Executive presence with a smooth, dynamic presentation style.
- Demonstrated ability to drive designs that achieve business results.
- Passion and experience working with engineering, product and marketing teams.
- Extensive experience in interface design, research, and new product development utilizing Lean UX methods.
- Knowledge of current UX Design strategies and trends across web and mobile platforms.
- Deep understanding of Web 2.0 and mobile technologies, CSS3, HTML5, and responsive web design.
- Establishment and measurement of customer facing metrics such as competitive analysis, product satisfaction, NPS, usability efficiency, and ease of use.