Sr. Electronic Control Systems Support Engineer / Rational Doors
26913 Northwestern HWY Southfield, MI 48033
Sr. Electronic Control Systems Support Engineer
The Sr. Electronic Control System Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the Engineering Electronics users. He/she performs a variety of activities including identifying and implementing the appropriate software tools, software installations, problem diagnosis and troubleshooting for commercial electronics and embedded application packages, documenting a knowledge base, maintaining software depots and similar activities.
- Willing to work in shifts and sometimes during weekends while upgrading software.
- Assist in developing and maintain a knowledge base.
- Handle issues, troubleshooting etc. via Ticketing system (preferred: Service Now)
- Lead new software evaluations and/or upgrade the existing software in collaboration with Global teams
- Participate in evaluations and installs of all commercial Electronic Control System (ECS) packages (i.e.: MathWorks products, Vector CANtech products, Compilers and AutoSAR applications etc.)
- Performed upgrades from single tier to multi-tier architecture for Collaborative Lifecycle Mgmt. (IBM Rational).
- Worked in IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Mgmt. (CLM) 6.0. Support Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM) and adaptors, as well as support Rational Doors Next Generations (RDNG) and Classic DOORS v9 tools.
- Provide support to all Vector tools – via testing, configuring, deployment and user support
- Identify productivity improvements in business processes and recommend ECS integration and productivity tools.
- Evaluate impact of new software team processes. Plan and architect and coordinate new software evaluation projects. Document system designs and architectures using tools such as Microsoft Visio.
- Expert in working on Linux and windows systems. Working and installing license managers in Linux or windows and maintaining applications running on Linux or windows
- Ability to work with DXL (DOORs) scripts requirements management (Doors)
- Proficient in C / C++ /C# for support MathWorks and build server.
- Ability to write SQL server scripts and Power shell
- Design License usage reporting for applications with new license managers and create automated license reports
- Research and recommend innovative and where possible, automate approaches for deploying ECS packages
- Write and maintain scripts to monitor disc usage, license and application usage on ECS applications.
- Work with the Technical support team of ECS application suppliers to get issues resolved.
- Maintain documentations required for ISO compliance in India.
- Suggest and take part in Continual Improvement activities
- Train and help the juniors in the team to achieve the team targets.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of Electrical Control Systems (ECS) Application Software experience (Required)
- 2+ years of EMC Converged environment experience (Required)
- Embedded coding experience (Preferred)
- Experience in supporting ECS AutoSAR Software Tools (Required)
- Experience in supporting ECS Software Tools (Required)
- Experience with configuration, installation, customization and support of Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality manager (RQM) (Required)
- Experience with configuration, installation, customization and support of Rational Doors Next Generations (RDNG) and Classic DOORS v9 (Required)
- Experience with configuring and management of WebSphere and SQL Server (Preferred)
- Handle queries, issues and tickets from Customer care center and satisfactorily resolve them within the pre-decided time frames based on ticket priority (Required)
- Linux/Unix scripting (Preferred)
- Win scripting/writing batch files (Required)
- General EMC Converge administration (Required)
- MS-Office tools, working with excel formula, graphs, MS project etc.
- Must be energetic and self-motivated with strong problem solving, communication, facilitation, organization, and leadership skills
Education / Certification:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science to Electrical Engineering (Required)
- Project Management (Preferred)
- ITIL (Preferred)
- ISO Awareness (Preferred)
Location: Southfield, MI
Duration: Direct Hire