Sr. IT Project Manager
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, MI 48243
Sr. IT Project Manager (#6250)
This position will be a project manager for the Connected Ecosystem Integration Information Technology team. This position will be responsible for project scheduling, issue/risk resolution and mitigation, proper escalation, reporting status to senior leadership and all other aspects of project management.
- The Sr PM will work closely with project team members to perform the following tasks using a combination of solid business understanding, strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as excellent leadership and facilitation techniques.
- Partner with business leadership to lead the information technology initiative.
- Perform project management for all tasks of project including estimating and tracking progress against baseline project plan and monitor and control development activities to an overall enterprise plan.
- Develop peers, cross functional, and cross business relationships to maximize best practice, produce quality output, and successful program implementation.
- Keep abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Work closely with leadership to develop future strategic solutions to meet business integration and scalability requirements.
- Manage relationships with software and service suppliers to ensure timely delivery of high quality and cost-effective solution.
- Apply the client’ s Project Management Methodology and tollgate policies.
- Prepare and present project plans, status reports, cost/benefit analysis and budgets to leadership.
- Work with suppliers to engage and utilize the right talent to support the project assignments and objectives.
- Single point of contact for escalation of project issues/concerns.
- Manage project financials and project portfolio.
- Handle a variety of non-recurring special assignments.
- Assist in developing solutions to unusual and difficult problems.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures in a specialized area.
- Team Collaboration
- Reward top performers, address low performance with Development Manager.
- Provide leadership and industry best practice recommendations for the client’ s PMO.
- Provide Sr PM leadership and mentoring to PMs and BAs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output.
- High level of sound logic and analytical ability where problems are unusual and extremely difficult.
- Highly developed presentation skills.
- High level understanding of the software development life cycle and various development methodologies (i.e. Waterfall and Agile)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Adept and effective meeting facilitator.
- Effectively deals with ambiguity.
- Action oriented and driven for results.
- Positive attitude.
- University/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information, or Business Management.
- Minimum of 7 years of Software Development and Project Management experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and SOA processes.
- Ability to understand technical issues and also handle business implications.
- Successfully led a minimum of two complex, global, multi-vendor IT projects with responsibility for development and deployment.
- Experience managing project budgets.
- Capable of handling multiple diverse and complex assignments concurrently.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Analyze requirements to derive necessary and identify implicit requirements.
- Experience managing requirements to ensure that scope is consistent with stated needs and that project deliverables remain synchronized as a result of agreed changes.
- Knowledge of the techniques for managing cross-functional teams.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Organizing - ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Critical thinking - use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Planning - accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
- Business Acumen - understand how business works; maintain awareness of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- MBA, advanced degree in technical or business area or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate technical and professional skills in job-related area.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals.
- Enterprise Java programming experience.
- Project Management Professional, PMP.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- Direct people leadership experience.
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)