Sr. Java Developer
5601 Green Valley Drive Bloomington, MN 55437-1099
Sr. Java Developer
Team: Based in Bloomington, MN
Need to be on site full time
9 months for project – potential extension based on project timelines.
Interview Process: Phone Screen 30 minutes first round. Second Round in person interview.
- As a Senior Java Software Developer, you will be a foundational team member in a highly collaborative team continually working on a variety of complex and challenging projects.
- You will be an integral team member within our Agile software development team, responsible for analysis, design, implementation, and unit testing in a high-performing, experienced team. You will use industry best practices while producing high-quality full stack solutions in a collaborative, agile, results driven environment across a diverse set of business areas: client management, channel technologies, results processing, and customer service.
- You will also be responsible for maintaining and supporting mission-critical applications as necessary.
- Looking for a strong core Java developer to work a project focusing on more backend services and core java development.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology experience
- 6+ years minimum Java development required
- 4+ years programmatic interaction with relational database systems
- Current technology stack: Java, JPA, Hibernate, Web Services (REST/SOAP), AngularJS
- Experience in OOAD, design patterns, and UML
- 2+ years Agile experience
- 2+ years production support experience
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in software architecture
- Experience in creating design documents and performing code reviews
- Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
- Proven ability to quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
- Experience in application performance management and performance tuning
- Ability to think technically and analytically
- Ability to understand philosophy of architecture
- Must assimilate information, distill knowledge, apply experience and provide solution alternatives and recommendations
- Must have strong time management skills - including ability to work well under pressure, plan, set priorities, adapt to change, and meet established timelines
- Must develop effective relationships with customers and work well within a team
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Must have a positive and energetic demeanor
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in Batch processing and backend software development
Experience with some or all of the following tools (Required):
- Java SE AND EE (6 years)
- Spring framework (3 years)
- Web Services (4 years)
- REST services (2 years)
- SQL (3 years)
- JBOSS OR Tomcat (3 years)
- OOAD design
- Agile development (2 years)
- Design patterns
Experience with some or all of the following tools (Preferred):
- RabbitMQ or JMS
- Gauge and Selenium
- Splunk and New Relic
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology experience.