Sr. Java Developer
4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
While this is listed as a Java developer we actually prefer talented engineers which consider Java as one language in a toolkit and which have consistently chosen the right tool for the job using solid distributed design patterns and modern WebScale techniques.
- J2SE Experience within last 2 years at least 7 years total.
- Experience working directly with Jetty, Tomcat or similar server writing at the HttpServlet. Has
- directly written REST JSON services at this level using only the container and J2SE features.
- RDBMS schema design experience. Also includes experience designing business domain specific
- JSON to transport partially materialized views from the schema.
- RDBMS schema refactoring experience with experience releasing breaking changes to prod with
- minimal downtime.
- Extensive experience implementing, maintaining and using HTTP REST/JSON and API level system
- integration tests to facilitate release process.
- Conversant and able to use at least 4 programming languages.
- Solid Java and J2EE development skills with 7+ years J2EE experience.
- Written parser for files of complexity equal or greater than EDI 834 in at least 2 different languages.
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL and Oracle. Understands and can explain when transitional semantics
- will limit scalability in large scale distributed systems.
- Detailed knowledge of browser DOM with direct manipulation.
- Experience with Angular Framework.
- Has written HTML that scales between form factors using Native HTML features without using
- Experience with Angular framework.
- Able to write & Modify CSS to meet visual guidelines using HTML5.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Web design patterns and front end technologies like HTML5, JQuery
- and MVC framework like Struts/Spring.
- Solid understanding of the collections frameworks.
- Object-oriented and service-oriented design concepts, including knowledge of data transfer objects
- and associated design patterns.
- Knowledge of UML.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to solicit and formalize requirements and work with
- end users/customers.
- Ability to work in a semi-structured environment where requirements and priorities are dynamic.
- ? Experience with agile development methodology.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in Insurance Domain
- Experience in Claims processing Domain
- Experience in Dental Claims processing Domain
- Experience in Inventory Control or Audit Domains
- Experience in HIPAA and PCI security Domain
- Experience with Webscale technologies such as Kafka, Memcache, Riak, AWS, Shared nothing
- Experience building and deploying software onto AWS or Openstack using Chef, Docker or similar
- When using libraries such as J2EE Soap need to understand and verbalize how this works through
- the entire stack and how it could be implemented from the ground up.
- Experience writing complex general purpose algorithms such as databases, machine learning
- engines, parsers, etc.
- Writes code both at work and for fun. Has created or contributed to open source projects.
- Experience with Test Driven Design (TDD) methodology.
- JavaServer Faces (JSF) technology knowledge and experience.
- Experience with Web Logic Portal technology.
- Good understanding and ability to explain ROI tradeoff between System API integration tests and
- Unit tests and how they would make such a decision in a budget constrained environment.
- Good understanding of junit testing and continuous integration environment.
- Experience with Java Message Service (JMS) and Message Driven Bean (MDB) development is
- Working knowledge of developing and deploying applications in Weblogic portal environment.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and experience working with web services.
- Experience in the insurance industry, specifically with the health care industry.
- Recent experience with Oracle Weblogic 10.3.x or greater.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or
- comparable work experience.