Sr. Software Engineer, DevOps
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, MI 48243
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer for one of the most iconic clients in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
Sr. Software Engineer – DevOps (#6957)
- The Senior Software Engineer - DevOps brings fresh ideas to the autonomous vehicle ecosystem. This role requires extensive knowledge of hardware and software CI/CD technologies while collaborating with a cross-functional team that likes to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- As a software engineer with our client, it’ s about making an impact at a global scale by creatively building robust products.
- Provide coding and design expertise on AWS using CircleCI and Amazon CodePipeline
- Utilize Docker to create, tag, push and configure containers
- Apply Amazon ECS, OpenShift, Rancher or equivalent technologies to manage Docker images, tasks and clusters
- Perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations
- Assist with setup and maintenance of test environments for both manual and automated testing
- Manage GitHub to ensure code integrity
- Work with cross-functional groups across GPD and Vehicle Development to build and support intelligent software
- Strong advocate for maturing the adoption of the Agile framework and continuous improvement
- Work closely with architects to ensure all systems comply with GM IT long-term strategies
- Ensure that the systems are operational 24/7 by putting the proper monitoring tools in place and disaster recovery processes
- Create technical design specifications
- Contribute to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on departmental processes and goals.
- Assist in defining DevOps and quality guidelines and standards
- Adhere and check for compliance with all standards, policies, and procedures
- Assist in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems and procedures.
Top Technical Skills:
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer, managing applications deployed on Amazon Web Services
- 2+ years of Agile software development
- Jenkins (Setup/Maintenance)
- Strong scripting ability using bash and python
- Strong ability using REST APIs
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Stash, Jenkins, Confluence, and TFS
- Knowledge of iOS build pipeline: CocoaPods, RubyGems, Fastlane, TestFlight
- Knowledge of Android build pipeline: gradle, PlayStore
- Crashlytics and Fortify (preferred technical skills)
- Manage environment issues (application, network) independently
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter/creative problem solver. We need someone that can propose new ideas without being told what to do. Often in the DevOps space, there are little or no requirements, so they will need to both gather requirements and add their improvements.
- Hands-on and can-do attitude in developing solutions to software architectures to meet user experience, platform or performance needs
- Experience monitoring applications
- Ability to work with software developers to design and implement the CI/CD process
- Passionate about self-driving technology
- Excellent Communicator
Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience; Master’ s degree preferred
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)