Sr. Solutions Architect
340 E. Big Beaver Rd Chicago, IL 48084
The objective of the Solutions Architect (SA) is to develop technology solutions and strategies for clients and ensure the growth of the project revenue stream by facilitating the sale of opportunities, ensuring project services through accurate proposal development and pre-sales design.
Additionally, the SA provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) deployment training. The SA will help grow and expand the breadth and depth of solutions delivered to clients while working with the sales and engineering teams for deployment.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide sales support (business technology strategy and solutions) for both ACC and project opportunities
- Design and implement successful, high value technology solutions
- Participate in assessments and Technology Business Plans
- Function as technical SME and resource for escalation of technical issues
- Possess strong consulting skills including an ability to provide strategic recommendations that provide business value to clients
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Able to explain and guide clients through technical issues
- Ability to develop professional services proposals
- Demonstrated experience implementing IT projects
- Significant design experience around network design including LAN/WAN, messaging technologies, database technologies, security solutions, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of disaster recovery, business continuity and risk management solutions
- Successful experience designing and installing networks in multiple environments for multiple clients
- Project management skills and experience preferred
- Proven dedication to enabling quality through continuous improvement
- Exhibits strong coaching skills and potential leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful at working in a team culture
- Possess valid and clear drivers’ license.
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- BA or BS degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- 8+ years multiple operating systems network engineering/administration experience
- VSTP (VMWare), MSITP (Microsoft), CCNA (Cisco) and/or equivalent engineering and technical sales certifications preferred