Sr. System Administrator
34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Sr System Administrator
Our client commenced operations in 2005 as a national provider of vehicle inspection services. Their unique perspective of the OEM/Financial industry, combined with state-of-the-art technology, has enabled them to develop even more superior services and products.
With over 1, 200 employees, our client provides coverage throughout North America and inspects millions of vehicles annually. Our client is uniquely equipped with industry-leading customer service, competitive pricing, advanced IT solutions and a national footprint — all in the industry’ s first truly independent, objective, third-party inspection company. They are the standard in vehicle inspections.
- Administer server operating systems including performance monitoring, operations planning, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
- Administer VMWare production cluster.
- Setup, secure, and manage our client’ s AWS presence.
- Assist in migration of key systems from current datacenter to AWS.
- Monitor Bandwidth utilization, uptime, and Security logs.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and operating systems.
- Utilize procedures and standards to ensure operational consistency on a nationwide basis and update documentation as required.
- Work with Business Analysts and Developers to support product rollouts.
- Provide specialized technical support and planning guidance to development team.
- Maintain records on repairs, down time, and configuration changes.
- Assist in disaster recovery and business continuity planning and support.
- Participate in capacity planning including forecasting of needs for future infrastructure related purchases.
- Monitor system and network performance and tune performance as necessary.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide off-hours support.
- Knowledge of standard network protocols and principles including TCP/IP, and iSCSI.
- Expert in VMWare.
- Expert in the use of Linux servers.
- Proficient in the Administration of Microsoft networks, including operating systems on servers, AD administration, Exchange and Office365.
- Experience in firewalls and routers.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and find both tactical and strategic solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, at all levels within the organization.
- You are a driven individual who looks for challenges and solutions proactively.
- A desire to continuously improve your existing skills and to constantly learn new ones.
- Participation in the rotation of after-hours support.
- Easily adapts to evolving priorities with the ability to maintain a high level of flexibility.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day- to-day responsibilities.
- Self-directed, detail oriented, highly focused and very organized.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy, enthusiasm and highly motivated.
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies and business process and information flow.