Sr. Systems Engineer
21333 Haggerty Rd Novi, Michigan 48375
Sr. Systems Engineer
ektello is actively seeking creative, innovative, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about bettering the client’ s brand and its ongoing mission to significantly enhance the way people live, work and play.
- Meet/exceed the customer’ s (internal and external) expectations by understanding, anticipating and meeting customer needs. Exhibit proactive communication; act and think with customers in mind.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and energetic with customers, co-workers, managers, and visitors. Promote and project a positive company image; treats others with courtesy and respect.
- Regular, in person attendance at designated company site is required to ensure necessary teamwork, personal interaction, and supervision.
- Plan and lead concurrent datacenter project initiatives, coordinating with internal stakeholders and outside resources as needed.
- Develop product and system architecture and roadmaps.
- Develop, maintain and publish IT infrastructure standards, roadmaps, policies and procedures and other core technology documentation.
- Plan and forecast capacity needs.
- Use infrastructure monitoring and performance management tools to improve availability and security.
- Participates in on-call production support activities.
- Provide 3rd level support to IT infrastructure technologies including virtualization, storage, network and server, security and client environments.
- Ensure compliance and security according to corporate policies and auditing.
- Assists with other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science/information technology required or equivalent work-related experience.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant IT infrastructure experience.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in client and end user systems with Microsoft Windows Server/Client family of operating systems.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in networking and wireless technologies.
- Proven experience with scripting and automating administrative tasks.
- Minimum 6 years advanced experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, and group policy.
- Subject matter expert in one or more of the following core technologies required:
- Network routing and switching protocols and design, load balancers and wireless networking
- IT Security Architecture and technologies
- VoIP/SIP systems
- Storage and Disaster Recovery
- Datacenter Hardware, Blade server systems and virtualization technologies
- Industry certifications in one or more of the following areas or other technologies:
- CISSP or any security certification
- Proficient with ITIL change, incident, configuration management and capacity planning.
- Must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, all essential functions of the job.
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills with both internal and external customers.
- Capable of working with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Effective communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Proficient time management, organizational skills and ability to meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies, tools and applications related to job.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills to prioritize and deal with many issues at one time.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.