Sr. Technical Lead / Sustain Developer IV
500 Woodward Avenue Detroit, MI 48226
Technical Lead – Sustain Development
- The IT Sustain team is looking for an outstanding Technical Lead. This individual is responsible for steady state application production support activities including:
- Executing deployments, access management, audits, incident management, change management, etc.
- She/he works across all functional areas of the company to reproduce and resolve customer issues, achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- The right candidate will be an empowered self-starter, familiar with working in a fast-paced environment.
- The position will have the responsibility to work with customer support, development teams, and infrastructure teams to reproduce and resolve issues.
- Lead application severity incident to quick resolution
- Provide resolution of any technical issues faced by the application
- Assign task to team and guide the team in resolving technical issues
- Participate in technical discussions with the development team for deployment and code reviews
- Drive knowledge transition from development to sustain team for each functional deployment
- Lead RCA and SWAT investigations for the Sustain team
- Take ownership of complex issues following through to resolution
- Conduct real-time queue monitoring and decision making
- Represent application requirements for Infrastructure activities
- Assess, plan, and communicate steady state upgrades/patches
- Participate in Discovery Phase to assist with scoping effort for application teams
- Devise and develop solutions to meet or exceed business requirements
- Security Vulnerability Remediation
- Participate in technical meetings and status meetings with the business
- Co-ordination between upstream applications to resolve incidents
- Communicate with several different technology areas in a highly matrixed organization
- Facilitate day to day execution of real time technical support and troubleshooting
- Attend CAB Meetings and approve changes
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery activities
- Must have: Java knowledge
- Looking for Java, Oracle and Operational support experience would put this person in the best position to be successful. Although this is not a development/coding position the candidate’ s ability to read and understand those technologies is a requirement.
Other Key responsibilities (enhanced services):
- Lead maintenance of master documents ie Runbook, Playbook and help maintain accurate application documentation
- Provides guidance in designing solution
- Lead resolution of Sev1 and SEV2 incidents
- Provides guidance in resolving performance related issues
- Review and accept the technical documentation
- Plan for validation and verification of changes deployed by infrastructure teams, development teams and sustain team
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 12+ month contract (W2 Only)