Sr. Technical Project Manager/Application Migration Manager
2154 East Commons 2154 East Commons Avenue Centennial, CO 80122
Position: Sr. Technical Project Manager/Application Migration Manager
Location: Centennial, CO
Consider Remote Worker? Yes
Interview Process: Google hang out interview
- Manages all aspects of various technical projects (projects that focus on software development, hardware, information technology and technical applications), including assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project(s).
- This position must be familiar with the project objectives as well as the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Communicates with project leaders and/or sponsors and functional area Managers regarding status of specific projects.
- Delivering a series of application and infrastructure migrations to time, budget and quality
- Working with Application Owners and Support Teams to effectively plan and execute migration through: upfront planning, scheduling, design / hardware allocation, testing and migration execution
- Ensuring plans are in place and developed to deliver migrations at an appropriate pace and throughput
- Coordinate post-migration support with project technical staff where necessary
- Development of a series of planning artefacts, including detailed execution run sheets
- Identification and management of dependencies, ensuring critical path milestones are met to meet the migration schedule
- Coordination of resource allocations across the team to meet schedule and Data Centre closure targets
- Coordination of third parties involved across migration teams
- Resolution of key risks and issues to meet planned migration schedule
- Ensuring effective and transparent reporting on progress to inform Program Manager.
- AWS/ cloud experience
- Project: Toronto Exit Project – tier one migration
Minimum Required Skills
- Strong project management skills are a must, the role requires an individual to manage and prioritize multiple applications and milestones at any given time
- Experience in migrating applications to cloud service provider (AWS) required
- Application migration experience across a complex environment would be preferred
- IT infrastructure and IT applications experience
- Attention to detail and planning skills
- Strong client facing and relationship building skills are required as the role will involve interaction with Application Owners and BAU Support Teams
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelors degree in IT or engineering desired.
- PMP Certification desired.
- AWS Solutions Architect certification desired.