Sr. UI Developer (Angular)
4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
ektello is seeking a Senior level UI Developer for one of our top IT supplier clients in Okemos, MI. Our client provides solutions across multiple industries including healthcare, manufacturing, finance, and more. This is a long-term contract (1 year+, 40 hours a week on-site), with great benefits!
- Have worked the last 2 (two) years as a Web UI Developer. Minimum of 7 (seven) years of total professional experience.
- Expert level understanding of JQuery, AJAX and HTML/HTML5.
- Extensive experience consuming HTTP REST/JSON and API level system integration on Web UIs.
- Detailed knowledge of browser DOM with direct manipulation.
- Able to write & Modify CSS to meet visual guidelines using HTML5.
- Has written HTML that scales between form factors using Native HTML features without using Bootstrap.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Web design patterns and front-end technologies such as HTML5, JQuery and MVC framework (Struts/Spring).
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development/Design) for UI and Server development.
- Understanding of test code coverage requirements.
- Experience with JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, and Continuous Integration.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or comparable work experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to solicit and formalize requirements and work with end users/customers.
- Ability to work in a semi-structured environment where
- needs and priorities are dynamic.
- Experience working on an agile development team. SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Experience working directly with Jetty, Tomcat or similar server writing at the HttpServlet. Has directly written REST JSON services at this level using only the container and J2SE features.
- Extensive experience implementing, maintaining and using HTTP REST/JSON and API level system integration tests to facilitate the release process.
- Solid Java and J2EE development skills with 7+ years of J2EE experience.
- Solid understanding of the collections frameworks.
- Object-oriented and service-oriented design concepts, including knowledge of data transfer objects and associated design patterns.
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL and Oracle. Understands and can explain when transitional semantics will limit scalability in large-scale distributed systems.
- RDBMS schema design experience. Also includes experience designing a business domain specific JSON to transport partially materialized views from the schema.
- RDBMS schema refactoring experience with experience releasing breaking changes to prod with minimal downtime.
- Experience with Webscale technologies such as Kafka, Memcache, Riak, AWS, Shared nothing architectures.
- Experience building and deploying software onto AWS or OpenStack using Chef, Docker or similar technologies.
Nice to Have:
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field.
- Knowledge of UML.
- Recent experience with Oracle Weblogic 10.3.x or greater.
- Working knowledge of developing and deploying applications in Weblogic Portal environment.
- JavaServer Faces (JSF) technology knowledge and experience.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and experience working with web services.
- Written parser for files of complexity equal to or greater than EDI 834 in at least 2 different languages.
- When using libraries such as J2EE Soap need to understand and verbalize how this works through the entire stack and how it could be implemented from the ground up.
- Experience writing complex general-purpose algorithms such as databases, machine learning engines, parsers, etc.
- Conversant and able to use at least 4 programming languages.
- Experience with Java Message Service (JMS) and Message Driven Bean (MDB) development is preferred.
Technical Recruiter – Digital|Creative|Marketing
With my experience as a recruiter, I understand that a new role can change your life. I strive to learn your core values, your personality, and your vision to find the position that aligns best with what you want!