Sr. Visual Design Lead
665 Clyde Avenue Mountain View, CA 94043
ektello is on the hunt for a Sr. Visual Design Lead for one of our top professional electronic corporations in the world in Mountain View, CA! Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of digital products including home and smart appliance technology, mobile phones, virtual reality, as well as computing and gaming.
As Senior Visual Design Lead, you will manage, mentor and direct the visual design team, as well as, engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and support design work for innovative consumer products. Day to day tasks will include leading new visual design explorations, creating visual design mockups, creating mood boards, and working with interaction and visual designers to understand requirements. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment.
• More than ten years of experience in UI visual design or related field
• Two plus years managing a design team
• Bachelors or Masters in Graphic Design, Visual Design, User Interface Design, Architecture Design, Video Game Design or an equivalent design degree
• Strong command of visual and communication design principles
• Ability to guide, lead, mentor, direct and advise the visual design team
• Demonstrated mastery of all applicable design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle, etc.)
• Passionate about graphic design, typography, photography, motion, and illustration
• Strong understanding and passion for technology and how it’ s applied in consumers lives
• Authors, shares and merchandises ideas in a cogent and inspiring manner
• A keen ability to package and present solutions to the broader creative / management team— quickly and beautifully
• Delivers highly-resolved work at the intersection of technology, culture, and design
• Supervise and lead the visual design team to produce excellent visual design work from initial concept through execution
• Mentor designers to produce enviable work at every stage of their careers
• Use your seat at the management table to advocate for design strategies that touch all projects within the department
• Has an online portfolio revealing thought process and an ability to rapidly generate creative ideas, with samples of original graphics or visual design work
• Knowledge of interactive design including best practices for TV, mobile, voice, etc.
• Ability to use strong analytical and artistic approach to solve complex design problems
Technical Recruiter – Digital|Creative|Marketing
With my experience as a recruiter, I understand that a new role can change your life. I strive to learn your core values, your personality, and your vision to find the position that aligns best with what you want!