Statistical Modeler/Data Analyst 3
400 Renaissance Center Detroit, MI 48243
Statistical Modeler / Data Analyst
The Data Analyst will have a unique opportunity to be the business facing representative of our Analytics shared services that will develop technical strategies and drive value from a big data approach to advanced analytics, machine learning and/or cognitive computing. The successful candidate will support a team that will develop data driven products by synthesizing data from such sources as vehicle telematics, driver behavior, mobile applications, in vehicle applications, digital behavior and external data sources. As such, they must have both strong quantitative and analytical skills, as well as strong business acumen and communications.
This individual must be proficient in IT terminology and advances in technology, but simultaneously know the business language and dynamics to address business challenges. They must be able to work efficiently with large data sets to derive insights and answer business questions through a data driven approach. Finally, they must know how to communicate these insights to business partners through compelling data visualizations in a simple and concise manner.
- Support diverse technical teams to ensure project deliverables fulfill business needs, are on-time, and meet business requirements
- Contribute to the definition of an overarching big-data-driven approach to advanced analytics strategy
- Work with cross-functional teams to discover and develop actionable, high-impact data analytics need and data opportunity statements in a variety of core business areas
- Manage the development of industry leading solutions including:
- Create breakthrough solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses to drive iterative learnings
- Work with business domain, IT and data experts to identify detailed data needs, sources, and structure to support solution development
- Delivering ad-hoc analysis
Leadership and interpersonal skills:
- Strong business acumen, and the ability to translate “ data” to a “ business story” and effectively communicate it to business stakeholders and partners.
- Experience with A|B testing
- Experience in successfully implementing customer analytics: segmentation, propensity modeling, etc.
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness
- Skilled in project management and oversight skills
- Skilled in priority setting and alignment of project priorities with business strategy
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Experience with omniture analytics
- Ability to influence people across the organization. Ability to act as a change agent.
- Skilled in communicating the benefits of Data analysis to business line professionals to create a value proposition, including executive level audiences.
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect and cooperation among teams
- Experience supporting diverse and creative technical teams in a fast-paced environment
- Domain expertise in one of the following: Sales & Marketing, Product Development, Customer Experience or a related field.
- Hands on experience with two or more tools from: Tableau, PowerBI, SAS, SQL, Python, Alteryx, Hive/Hadoop and/or other data tools; ability to perform ad-hoc analysis
- Academic/professional experience in one or more of the following fields: physics, engineering, biostatistics, astrophysics, computational chemistry, cognitive or neurosciences, behavioral economics, econometrics, finance, mathematics, computer science.
- Familiar with data aggregation and manipulation using large data formats, e.g., SQL on Hadoop; knowledge of data quality, data cleansing, data wrangling, and data standards.
- 3-5 years’ experience translating business needs to data requirements, turning data into compelling stories, and completing the full cycle from data to measurable outcomes.
- Experience in analytical consulting (as internal or external consultant) engagements.
- Alternatively, experience in companywide analytics at a company known for implementing results (Capital One, Coca-Cola, UPS, USAA, Amazon, major national retailers) or within a top • • • Data Services and Analytics service provider (Fair Isaac, Experian, Acxiom Equifax) or agency (e.g. Merkle).
- Bachelor’ s degree (Master’ s degree preferred)
- Quantitative undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- No Degree beats proven experience
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)