14700 carribean way miramar, FL -
Position: SAN Storage Engineer
Location: Miramar, FL
Provide a brief (3-4 sentences) description that describes the nature and level of work. The Position Summary should state why the job exists.
Position will be responsible for the SAN and Storage environment for a 24/7 global operation ship and shore Possess a comprehensive understanding of SAN & Storage for a multi-tier environment which include Brocade SAN with 4000 FC ports. IBM Storwize & SVC, IBM DS8000, XIV, DS3500, N-series (NetApp), HP P2000 Pure Storage and Dell Compellent. (Approx. 200+ systems in various data centers domestically and internationally).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
List the 8-10 key areas of responsibility in descending order, with the responsibility requiring the most amount of time first. Use specific action verbs such as " manages", " analyzes", " files", etc.
• Responsible for enterprise wide SAN & Storage systems (ie. installation, maintenance and upgrades of hardware, software).
• Understand SAN and Storage concepts, strategies, and procedures. Perform nightly Firmware deployments
• Use creative thinking by demonstrating originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
• Coordinate and engage in problem analysis, provide comprehensive reporting and metrics and compliance.
• Collaborate with application owners to understand the risk position around key business applications.
• Responsible for proactively detecting and addressing potential issues before they become critical.
• Provide 24/7 support to global users and development staff worldwide via telephone and email.
List the minimum level of education and experience required to perform the work at the entry level of the job.
Must have extensive knowledge and experience of SAN & storage management,
Must have 3+ years Storage system architecture and administration experience
Must have 1+ years of IBM Storewize NetApp and or other Storage experience
Must be capable of performing the intermediate to advanced tasks related to daily management of IBM SAN Volume Controller, XIV IBM DS8000 Dell Compellent NetApp and Pure Storage.
Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
Must be able to provide 24x7 support and carry a duty phone.
Proven experience working directly with internal/external customers in a diverse IT organization a must.
Basic project management techniques, methods, processes and practices preferred.
Experience with Business Continuity and stretched clusters.