30 Rockefeller Plaza 30ROCK Bldg. New York, NY 10112
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Support Analyst looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for a Support Analyst for one of our top multimedia clients in New York City. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more
- Provide entry to mid (level 1/2) support of news production systems in a 24/7/365 live television production environment for systems serving thousands of clients across multiple client brands.
- Handling on-air user/system issues and providing solutions under SLA.
- Documentation of standard operating procedures and workflows.
- Planning, scheduling and performing preventative and upgrade maintenance across all supported systems.
- Serve as on-call resource for internal and other client support teams, involving on-site coverage during normal business hours as well as on-call support before/after normal working hours.
- Perform system-level troubleshooting of technical software and hardware and other computer and server systems associated with news production. This is applicable to both bare metal and virtual environments.
- Ready to adopt new systems, technologies and processes to meet future growth of our clients’ needs and those of the team.
- Track issues and resolutions while maintaining communications within the team, operational groups and clients.
- Interface with vendors and/or internal client teams for issue escalation.
- Performing root cause analysis.
- Provide cross-training and knowledge transfer for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work with offshore team to handle daily and other on-demand tasks including operational information handoffs to ensure the entire team is ready to support and manage around the clock.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have 2+ years of systems management experience or equivalent educational experience in media and systems support.
- An Associate Degree in a relevant technical discipline, or certificate from an accredited technical training institution.
- Experience supporting custom applications.
- General knowledge of computing and network systems, standards, applications and methodologies.
- Experience working with IT systems and web technologies, with a working knowledge of network protocols, standards, and fundamentals (e.g. DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, VLANS, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Office productivity software, Outlook, iOS, Android and Windows.
- Willingness to work overtime and/or extended shifts, and on weekends and company holidays with short notice to meet the business needs.
- Able to work 24/7/365 to provide phone and in person support and travel occasionally for offsite upgrades and training and professional development opportunities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative manner.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to triage competing priorities effectively.
- Highly customer focused and very responsive.
- Able to effectively communicate technical information, actions and/or next steps to technical and non-technical personnel with a cool, levelheaded approach.
- Strong desire to learn and cross-train in new technologies and passion to maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Takes accountability for action items and requests including those outside of his/her direct control, following up and leaving nothing to chance.
- Familiarity with broadcast production or video productions systems, including basic knowledge of non-liner editing tools like Avid Media Composer a plus.
- Experience with various databases (Oracle, SQL) a plus.
- Knowledge of Media Asset Management systems is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge in end-to-end post-production workflows including media ingest, edit, playback (from capture to archive) a plus.
- Scripting experience (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.) a plus.
Technical Recruiter – Digital|Creative|Marketing
With my experience as a recruiter, I understand that a new role can change your life. I strive to learn your core values, your personality, and your vision to find the position that aligns best with what you want!