900 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
This opportunity is to join the Cyber Security team and make an impact defending corporate networks from advanced and targeted attacks. This position supports the Cyber Response Operations Center (ROC) with focus on Cyber Defense Operations.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
The SOC Analyst, Cyber Security Response Operations will be responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of various security services provided to the business.
The SOC Analyst, Cyber Security Response Operations needs to be well organized, reliable, a strong communicator, detail oriented, demonstrate good judgment, be confident working in a team or independently, and comfortable in the handling of confidential information.
The role involves regular interaction with various groups and leadership within the organization in order to accomplish job responsibilities.
Working under the direction of the Manager, Cyber Response Operations Center, the successful candidate will be responsible for participating in the following activities:
• Day-to-day operational tasks related to the ongoing support of Cyber Operations.
• Responsible for documenting the incident life cycle, conducting handoffs' s, escalation, and providing support during cyber incidents
• Responsible for the tracking and assignment of tickets/events to Cyber Security Team.
• Responsible for analyzing potential threats from multiple sources.
• Responsible for creating filters, reports, dashboards, and alerts in support of Cyber Operations.
• Responsible for initiating blocks for all indicators of compromise gathered in analysis.
• Analyst must keep detailed reports on all analysis activity.
• Responsible for creating and updating existing playbooks and runbooks.
The Cyber Response Operations Analyst, must be proficient in a wide range of technologies, be knowledgeable as to industry “ best practices” in day-to-day operation of a large, multinational IT organization and be able to capably communicate even subtle details of the above to Incident Response & Security Team.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Broad knowledge of information systems and networking technologies, demonstrating understanding related to the functionality of, secure configuration of, and security logs produced by those information systems
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to conduct cyber-related or cyber-facilitated activities Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in analyzing events, and incidents related to computer security.
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Security Operations Center experience preferred.
- Customer service experience, working with users over the phone, via email, and in person.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Splunk or other SIEM experience – creating alerts, reports, dashboards, etc.