2701 Troy Center Drive Troy, MI 48084
The objective of the Support Specialist I (SS-I) is to provide superb customer service reflecting the client-centric and quality focused mission through the direct provision of remote and on-site support to our clients. The Support Specialist I will interact daily with clients and works with other client account stakeholders in understanding client support requests and requirements.
- The Support Specialist I is primarily focused on end user support but must also possess a basic understanding of entry level system administration functions.
- Provide on-site and remote end user support with focus on:
- Client satisfaction
- Service delivery quality
- Technical excellence
- Perform end user support primarily relating to the desktop and Mobile communications.
- Perform entry level network diagnostics and repairs as directed
- Assist with the Proactive maintenance, documentation, and testing of client network environments as directed through a combination of scheduled onsite and remote work using prescribed checklists.
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise in focused area(s) as local team, market and Regional needs dictate.
- Professionally document all work performed and submit accurate timecards on a daily basis.
- Assist other team member in maintaining accurate and up to date documentation of client’ s network environment and supporting material that ensures consistent quality remote support by any member of the Service Delivery Team.
- The SS- I may at times work with assigned project leads and Project managers, working assigned tasks and within defined project scope and milestones to ensure the successful deployment of I.T. projects for our clients
- Work with other team members to identify new revenue opportunities, primarily via projects.
- Respond to communications from team members within timelines established by All Covered’ s communications standards
- Effective Utilization target of 95%
- Timely escalation of issues that prevents the SS-I from performing the above job functions.
- The S.S. may be required to participate in the on call rotation that may include off hours onsite visits
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Server/network administration experience is a plus (Windows Server 2003 and above)
- Advanced knowledge and proven record deploying and supporting Microsoft Office applications (Office 2007 and above)
- Basic understanding of Firewall appliances and services (Cisco ASA and/or SonicWall NexGen models highly preferred).Support experience considered a plus.
- Basic understanding of the following protocols and networking services: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Layer 2 Switching.
- Good understanding of and practical deployment experience of Client Mobile messaging devices including Blackberry, iPhone, Android handhelds and Tablets.
- Basic understanding of and practical entry level support experience of Backup processes, software and hardware
- Basic understanding of WLAN, security concepts
- Proven troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to communicate with users over the phone and provide remote support and using a variety of remote support tools
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter – function autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Strong team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain technical issues in clear and understandable language
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated dedication to consistent quality
- Possess valid and clear drivers’ license and have access to a good working car and/or other form of reliable transportation as required
Experience, Educational Requirements and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor' s Degree preferred
- At least one of the following industry certifications is required:
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- CompTIA A+
- MCTS/MCP Windows 7 or above
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting and installing Windows Desktop operating systems (Windows XP and above)