System Admin- Solaris
4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
Are you a Systems Administrator with experience in Windows, Linux and Solaris looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
Our client is the largest dental plan system in the United States operating in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, and is looking to add a new Systems Administrator to their team in Okemos, MI.
This role is responsible for the administration of server (Windows, Linux, and Solaris), virtual (VMware and Solaris), and storage infrastructure.
- Administers Solaris servers. Ability to administer Linux or Windows servers is a plus. Experience with Solaris 11, LDOMS, containers and virtualization under Solaris is a must.
- Primary administrator and Level 2 approver for all infrastructure change management functions including performance tuning, operating systems enhancements, virtual and fiber switch support, LUN management, and configuration testing.
- Assists in the creation of quality processes including templates, snapshots, and automation.
- Develops patching and backup support for all systems with Application Support Services.
- Analyzes performance, health, and monitoring involving Solaris servers, and storage infrastructure to assist with recommendations, incident response, and problem resolution.
- Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.