System Analyst / Sr System Analyst
6649 Westwood Blvd Orlando, FL 32821
**6 month W2 contract onsite in Orlando **
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision making process.
The System Analyst supports the Director of IT, Data Services. This supporting role is responsible for systems applications development, maintenance for specified systems. Provide centralized control for all OLAP applications (Data Warehouse, Capital Markets and Marketing Database) across the enterprise, Cognos support for enterprise wide reporting needs, which includes both Operational and OLAP environments, as well as, Quality Management activities for OLAP applications.
This role provides guidance and recommendations to both technical and business teams across the enterprise. This role provides technical leadership related to design, develop and implement efforts for Data Warehouse Environment. The individual will be required to establish and maintain processes, and work effectively with other groups to resolve technical issues, manage escalated schedule impacts, and communicate with management effectively. In addition, will train/mentor development staff; engages with IT Directors on development projects.
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- One of the technical analysts for IT Data Warehouse in day to day operations, including best practices, quality, standards and development, resulting in overall improved quality and increased productivity.
- Monitors and ensures the consistent availability and integrity for all IT Data Warehouse processes.
- Partners across functional teams to ensure internal systems capabilities are aligned
- Collaborate with System Administrators across Applications and Third Parties in build out and support of the IT Data Warehouse environment.
- Explores and identifies emerging technologies and communicate as appropriate
- Provides advanced support and trouble shooting for production incidents with application teams and recommends solutions to avoid future incidents.
- Partners with application developers to define requirements, design and implement data models, data acquisition and data access to support data analysis and reporting for Data Warehouse.
- Designs and implements ETL solutions to process terabytes of data.
- Develops complex database access solutions including complex hierarchical and multidimensional queries to support high volume data analysis and reporting.
- Analyzes and optimizes Data Warehouse solution to improve performance and availability.
- Ensure that code and documentation are properly catalogued into the version management system.
- Ensures adherence to defined change management process.
- Establish and ensure adherence to standards e.g.: ETL naming, coding/mapping and development documentation standards
- Requires ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Requires ability to work with team members to deliver on time and on budget committed results to customers.
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to management.
- Maintain lines of communication across business and IT.
- Assumes the on-call support function
- Influences and consults with senior leadership and project teams
- Provides guidance and recommends standards that are consistent with the company future direction
- Provides advanced support during production incidents to reduce outage
- Train and develop staff on trouble shooting and incident resolution.
- Provide technical leadership on projects and new development efforts
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies
Generally a professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.
4+ yrs experience in the industry
Preferred: Associates or Bachelor’ s degree in computer science
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience in all required skills mentioned below.
- Proven ability to effectively direct a high performance development team in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of business and processes.
- Expert knowledge of UNIX, Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, Data File Management (SFTP, etc), Oracle, Data Warehousing methodologies.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Data Modeling experience, specifically in relation to Dimensional Modeling Concepts.
- Knowledge of IT Data Services Shared Data Platforms
- Understanding of scheduling tools and processes, preferably BMC Control M
- Preferred documentation skills, specifically in relation to products like Visio, ERWIN, etc.
- Working knowledge of automated reporting tools (such as Crystal Reports, Cognos toolset, Business Objects) and SQL Server. General knowledge of C programming language.
- Working knowledge of MoveIT