1101 Greenwood Blvd Lake Mary, FL 32746
SYSTEMS ENGINEER – W2 CONTRACT TO HIRE
The Systems Engineer will be part of the network server group which is responsible for administrating and supporting the organizations physical/virtual servers and enterprise storage arrays. The position will be tasked with provisioning, monitoring, and designing storage solutions for windows-based servers across multiple application silos. Additionally, the Systems Engineer will be tasked with assisting in the administering and support of the Windows Server environment.
WHAT YOU’ LL BE DOING
- Administration and management of EMC VNX enterprise storage arrays, provisioning new storage volumes, extending volumes, resolve any storage shortages, monitoring storage performance, growth trends and storage allocation.
- System administration for windows servers such as provisioning physical/virtual servers, server maintenance, upgrades, assist in application installs and troubleshooting.
- Work with application developers, administrators to determine storage/server requirements. Work with existing programmers, database administrators (DBA) and application administrators to optimize storage and server configurations.
- Responsible for planning and execution of new storage installations. Perform host-level tasks needed to access storage such as EMC software installations/updates, storage presentation, HBA driver/firmware updates, volume expansion.
- Provide reporting and metrics on storage/server allocation, usage and performance to be used for capacity management and planning.
- Additional duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor' s degree or higher in Information Services or related field.
- Experience with CITRIX a MUST.
- Experience deploying/maintaining Citrix Flexcast Management Architecture (Xenapp 7.x)
- Deep understanding of Windows Server OS optimization for virtual application delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot and deconstruct issues with applications in non-persistent settings.
- Understanding of user profile management and profile redirection.
- Experience using automation tools for Virtual machine deployment and image management.
- Advanced knowledge of EMC VNX 5500/5700 storage arrays, Unisphere, storage pool' s, raid groups, data movers, MirrorView, Recover Point, SRDF, VNX Monitoring and Reporting Tool, PowerPath configurations, FC/ISCI networking, Brocade FC switch management.
- Experience with VMware ESX/ESXi platform including P2V, HA, DRS, Vcenter, Vcops, SRM.
- Experience with Windows server 2003/2008/2012 operating systems and clustering services.
- Experience with HP Gen7/Gen8 blade servers, VCEM, HP rackmount servers.
- Ability to project manage, assign deliverables, set milestones, follow-up thru completion.
- Ability to multi task.