Systems Administrator - Standard
10 Universal City Plaza Universal City, CA 91608
Systems Administrator/DevOps Contractor
The Systems Administrator Contractor position will be an eager contributor to the Interactive Technology department. In this role he/she will learn about how the Digital business works and how the applications and systems that are maintained contribute to the overall support of both the linear TV network as well as the publishing news desk. The position will report into our DevOps Lead and will be in charge of supporting our current day-to-day infrastructure needs. In addition to monitoring our current application ecosystem, the role also has the ability to optimize current monitoring or workflows that allow our infrastructure to be maintainable more efficiently.
He/she will also work closely software development team members to help manage and monitor newer applications that take into account cloud first design, server-less technology, auto-scaling, micro-services architecture & orchestration. The administrator will have to understand and manage different AWS Virtual Private Clouds and understand both DNS, security permissions, and the Linux operating systems.
The candidate will need to operate within a ticketing system, Atlassian’ s JIRA, where tickets will be tracked for documentation and completion. The candidate is also expected to keep infrastructure diagrams and confluence documents up-to-date with current state of our applications.
- 3-5 years experience managing infrastructure
- Knowledge on application servers such as Tomcat or Jboss a plus
- Experience managing Virtual infrastructure or EC2
- Knowledge of AWS Technologies e.g S3 storage, ALB/ELB, Security Groups
- Understand of VPNs and Proxy Servers (OpenVPN)
- Have good understand of Infrastructure security and good security practices
- Knowledge of CentOS Linux
- Be comfortable troubleshooting Linux OS and knowledge of common Linux command tools
- Proficient at using monitoring systems like Nagios, AppDynamics
- Knowledge of AWS CloudWatch a plus
- Hands on experience with Chef, ChefStack, or OpsWorks a plus
- Be familiar with concept of CDN (e.g. Akamai)
- Experience configuring LDAP Server a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Thorough ownership of issues including maintaining wiki documentation
- Ability to work/communicate with internal development teams as well as with technology vendors
- Be Proactive communication – try/bring up solutions and go execute and report
- Take active ownership of tasks that will help increase team velocity while keeping the DevOps Lead updated