System Administrator - Application Monitoring Administrator
1000 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS PLAZA, Orlando, FL Orlando, FL 32819
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a System Administrator looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the entertainment industry?
ektello is looking for a System Administrator for one of our top multimedia clients in Orlando, FL! Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more!
** This is a W2 contract to hire opportunity, so candidates MUST be able to work without sponsorship**
WHAT YOU’ LL BE DOING:
- Maintaining and enhance monitoring capabilities to assist with the sustainability and reliability of internal technology systems.
- Collaborating with internal technology teams to identify system challenges and/or points of failures to enhance monitoring and alerting.
- Establishing, implementing and supporting application, web and device monitoring alerts to help provide quick resolution of challenges.
- Creating reports and dashboards based on monitoring metrics/statistics
- Participating in the team’ s support on-call rotation.
- This resource must be willing to work flexible hours – including being available before and after hours and on weekends as needed to address critical SWAT events
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor' s in IT/Computer Science, etc. is A MUST!
- Familiarity with Elastic Stack and SolarWinds (SAM and NPM) products a plus.
- Thorough understanding of internet technologies, proactive monitoring best practices, business concepts, server, security issues, and networking standards.
- Extensive relational database and operating systems experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours – including being available before and after hours and on weekends as needed to address critical SWAT events.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.