Systems Administrator V
11550 Cronridge Drive Owings Mills, MD 21117
Position: Sr. Systems Administrator
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Duration: 6-month contract to hire
- The main function of a Systems Administrator is to be responsible for system administration of core systems as well as monitoring and repair of high-performance computing systems.
- Ensures consistent and reliable operation including enterprise servers and network infrastructure.
- Skilled UNIX resource with core expertise in Solaris and Linux.
- Experience managing Exadata or Super Cluster systems, can code via shell scripting, are familiar with Puppet & Ansible, and can learn CA UIM (Unified Infrastructure Manager)
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 10+ years’ experience required
- Proven work experience as a system or network administrator
- Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment.
- Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, urgent system patching
- Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware components that are problematic.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
- Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs