30 Rockefeller Plaza 30ROCK Bldg New York, NY 10112
This role will initially be M-F 9-6, but will transition into 4pm-12am shift.
Senior Systems Engineer Technology/Engineering / Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
· Provide technical support, maintenance & upgrades across all IT based systems.
· Administer servers, storage, networking, mobile devices, laptops, software and security updates.
· Provide support to our newsroom users and associated critical production systems.
· “ Hands on” engineer capable of multi-tasking and working in a fast paced environment.
· Plan, design, implement projects as assigned.
· Develop a close working relationship with our Corporate IT & support teams.
· Bring new ideas and operational practices to enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
· Maintain vigilance around Security of our systems in line with Corporate Security standards.
· Provide general day to day desktop support across 200+ users.
· Work closely with our key Vendors on projects and support.
· Administration and Support of mission critical systems. News experience with production systems, playout and storage systems desirable.
· Manage a project, including risk mitigation, strong communication and on-time delivery.
· Administration of Active Directory Users & Groups, Servers.
· VM Administration.
· Administration and support of Mobile devices & Web based technologies.
· Provide user training as required.
· Adhere to strict change management procedures.
· Ensure all documentation is up to date.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· 5-7 years of experience.
· Experience working in a mission critical environment, Broadcast and Media desirable.
· Experience in Networking, Servers, Security, and monitoring configuration.
· Experience in administrating mission critical systems to support an always on business.
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels within our organization.
· Cisco certifications desired.
· Microsoft Certifications desired.
· Must be able to lift equipment weighing 50Lbs.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Willing to work shift hours: Monday thru Friday, 4pm-12am. Some weekends included.
· Travel as needed
· Must be willing to work in NYC.
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
· 24/7/365 business and requires being on-call.
Prefers that applicants have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
· Travel as needed
· Demonstrated interpersonal & communication skills: ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of an organization
· Ability to work with confidential information
· Strong detail oriented
· Ability to adapt and work well in a rapidly changing environment
· A team player who can also work independently and is a self-starter