340 E. Big Beaver Rd, 4th Floor Troy, MI 48084
The primary focus of the Systems Engineer position is to provide technical knowledge and support regarding network operations issues for multiple clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Document, test, and modify network operating systems to enhance efficiency and reliability.
- Diagnose and remedy network and user issues.
- Implement client projects by drawing upon a variety of prior technical experience.
- Maximize network performance through proactive network design and monitoring.
- Develop and maintain accurate and timely guidebooks for clients.
- Maintain 76% overall utilization.
- Provide on-the-job training (via shadowing) to Support Specialists.
- Produce up-to-date records of clients’ networks as they grow.
- Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Proven network analysis and diagnostic skills, ability to implement quick and effective solutions to network problems, and escalate issues when necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven dedication to enabling continuous operations.
- Proven ability to operate productively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-up and using off-site connectivity and wireless communications tools.
- Successful at working in a team culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess valid and clear drivers’ license.
Experience, Educational Requirements and Certifications
- 3-5 years experience in network administration.
- 2-4 years desktop administration.
- 3-5 years operating systems experience (Windows, Mac, Unix, and/or Linux)
- 3-5 years Exchange
- At least one of the following industry certifications is preferred: - MCTS/MCP Server 2008 or above - MCTS/MCP Exchange 2007 or above - CompTIA Server+ - Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) - Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)