Talent & Learning Specialist
85 Challenger Rd Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
Talent & Learning Support Specialist
**Longterm W2 Contract - onsite in Ridgefield Park, NJ**
The Talent & Learning Support Specialist will be supporting the transformational change by overseeing the Talent roadmap against core HR Programs & initiatives including Performance Management, Workforce Planning and Leadership Development & Succession. In this role, the candidate will operationalize and monitor tools, program and support the strategic consultation efforts of the Sr. Manager, Talent & Learning as they drive solutions into the business through the HR Business Partner community.
The ideal candidate(s) will have a proven record in supporting the development and coaching of talent, overseeing complex and visible leadership and talent acquisition onboarding programs and supporting a talent management strategy in a dynamic, ever-changing environment where influence drives results.
The Talent & Learning Support Specialist will partner with HR colleagues in the identification of the key gaps between the talent in place and the talent required to drive business success; they will execute a consistent set of tools, plans and timetables designed to close the talent gaps that are integrated in with strategic and business plans.
Other Key Responsibilities Include:
- 1st line manager consultation and support of programs in the executive, mid-management and emerging talent space.
- Managing and supporting the Talent management roadmap and portfolio of work. (Performance Management, Succession, Coaching, Competency Models, Talent Selection Criteria)
- Providing professional support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Collecting, analyzing and maintaining data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g., succession planning).
- Initiating and maintaining effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Supporting the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments.
- Ensuring that organization-wide talent management and PM initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Working closely with the HRIS managers to collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent pool and translate those data into insights through data analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate levels.
- Interacting with Talent Branding, Total Rewards and Talent Acquisition partners to understand their programs and identify interlocks and maintain alignment.
- Partnering with the Sr. Manager, Talent & Learning community to understand the overall business, client groups and strategic business objectives, to ensure the work prioritized aligns with their business roadmap.
- Providing operational consultation on process standardization and improvement opportunities to Employee Engagement & Culture strategic partners.
- Successfully managing complex projects through the full project management lifecycle.
- Working with a variety of stakeholder groups across Samsung Electronics America, the NA region, subsidiaries and functions to leverage and share best practices.
- Identification of and escalation of risks as needed where solutions are proposed.
- Supporting the broader Talent & Learning teams to identify other areas that can drive alignment to our key initiatives: providing an excellent employee experience, operational excellence and simplification.
- Maintaining an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage in support of the company' s diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- HR Functional Knowledge
- Communication & Influencing
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation & Analytics Skills
- Operations Expertise & HR Systems Knowledge
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Self-Starter & Navigation Skills
- This position will not have supervisory responsibilities of but can serve as a coach and mentor for other positions within the organization.
- Approximately 10-15% travel as required to support the implementation of HR Programs and business leadership initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
- 5-7+ years of broad HR experience including talent management, program and performance management; Master’ s degree in related field and less years of experience will be considered as well.
- Recent experience in multiple discipline areas and levels, including hiring for nonexempt, exempt and leadership positions.
- Experience operationalizing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Having a robust understanding of and ability to fully utilize the portfolio of PM tools and documents such as: charters, kick-off meetings, issues logs, project plans and more.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports. Knowledge of Workday a plus.
- Bachelor' s degree in human resources or related field required.
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.