Talent Acquisition Partner
645 Clyde Avenue Mountain View, CA 94043
You will work closely with a team of Talent Acquisition Managers, Sourcers and other Talent Acquisition team member in an exciting fast-paced environment. In this role, you are an integral partner in managing recruiting activities, developing reports, applicant screening, and building candidate relationships; often providing candidates with their first impression and elevating their experience throughout the interview process. The ideal candidate will be an organizational guru, possess great communication skills and relationship building capabilities, have the ability to shift gears at a moment’ s notice and enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals.
• Serve as a partner to Recruiters and Hiring managers, executing on all coordination efforts related to specific business units.
• Once a candidate is selected to interview, responsible for scheduling phone, video, and onsite interviews. Work extensively with management-level candidates and hiring managers.
• Responsible for arranging all travel logistics and interview agendas for candidates.
• Drafting and extending offer letters and new hire documents to selected hire
• Regularly update candidate records, job postings, and hiring information in the company’ s HRIS
• Responsible for handling candidate interview expense reports.
• Responsible for communicating all employee referral as it relates to their respective candidate
• Provide follow-up new hire correspondence to candidates via phone and email.
• Execute background checks and following through will full review of same; collecting supporting documentation on background checks if necessary.
• Identifying opportunities for improving candidate experience and scheduling efficiency.
• Pull and create reports to provide to Recruiting Manager on regular basis
• Visually screen applicants to provide a short list to the Recruiting Manager.
• Assist in various process improvement projects across the department, and build relationships with multiple HR counterparts i.e. HR Business Partners, Learning and Development, etc.
• Bachelor' s degree preferred with at least two years’ experience in a recruiting support environment
• Previous experience scheduling a high volume of interviews within a fast paced Corporate environment.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Excel and MS outlook.
• Experience with applicant tracking systems a plus (WorkDay)
• Strong customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations.
• Experience creating reports in Excel
• Experience reviewing resumes for a match with job descriptions.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; articulate communication style.
• Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and with external candidates.
• Highest sense of urgency but maintains accuracy and efficiency; respectful persistence is key day to day and knowing when to push back
• Willing to go the extra mile to reach highest possible level of quality and speed
• Strong ability to develop relationships with the likes of executive stakeholders, candidates, internal partners i.e. Recruiters, Executive Assistants, IT, etc.
• Strong problem solving skills, able to troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision.
• Great organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexible, able to change direction quickly.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and in dealing with ambiguity.
• Solid sense of accountability and acute personal judgment.
• Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate.
• Previous recruiting coordinator experience or equivalent required.
• Team player, solid work ethic, willing to pitch in where needed