Tech Analyst 3A - Engineering
33000 Van Dyke Ave. - VEC Warren, MI 48093
Technical Analyst – Engineering
Key Job Elements
- Manage Restraints Airbag deploy test schedule (internal and external) to optimize throughput to meet program LADV deliverable
- Support internal and external schedule reviews and provide feedback to validation team
- Coordinate airbag material delivery to and from test labs
- Verify and track material orders from GM pre-production facilities and external suppliers
- Work with Validation staff members to report out status and identify delay issues
- Effectively prepare and present validation status reports at various forums when required
- Participate in Validation meetings, as required to fulfill assigned duties
- Support initiatives to enhance processes – suggest alternatives and evaluates benefits and risks of each option.
- Escalates issues beyond own scope as and when they arise.
Required Qualifications – Skills and Experience
- Minimum of at least 5 years of experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of tools required.
- Proficient in MS Excel macros (VB code), pivot tables and data analysis (must have ADVANCED level knowledge)
- Excellent planning and coordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to express ideas to others; High level of written and oral communication
- Ability to comprehend a large quantity of information and make balanced overall decisions.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- A mindset biased towards continuous improvement and learning from previous activities and/or Global knowledge.
- Encourages teamwork.
- Moves with a sense of urgency
- Results Oriented - very bottom-line oriented, steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Demonstrated ability of dealing with ambiguity to enable timely decision making
- Four years of college or demonstrated ability to perform as defined above - Bachelor’ s degree in a technical area (Math, Science, Engineering, Programming, Design preferred)
- OR Experience as auto mechanic or technician required