4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
To lead and coordinate the creation of analysis and design specifications, perform programming and testing system components (WebLogic, Java, .Net, etc) and is the overall technical owner of one or more domain/feature areas. Provide technical direction and support to users, peers and other domain/feature team members ensuring standards are followed and is a key collaboration agent across ISS and the Business.
- Leads and coordinates the analysis, design, development of technical specifications, programming, and testing of application components and ensures all analysis and design models and specifications are created and maintained.
- Leads implementation modeling including definition of distribution of system across physical nodes, definition of run-time architecture, concurrency requirements, inter-process communication mechanisms, and process lifecycles. Serves as liaison with other ISS teams and represents their team(s) in the Scrum of Scrums and PI planning as it relates to technical dependencies.
- Works with Architecture council to define and document solution overview and definition of integration components and in accordance with enterprise vision/goals. (Forward looking)
- Conducts software design and programming reviews to ensure that design and enterprise programming standards and guidelines are followed or creates/updates the enterprise standards when gaps are identified. Mentors team members on story card refinement and has a sense of ownership in the team’ s estimates.
- Works with the TCO to create and supports development best practices, code quality, and is an advocate for such in Communities of Practice.
- Responsible for the feature teams adherence to deployment activities, automated testing practices and development of secure coding practices as defined by the enterprise coding standards. (Veracode, SonarQube, etc)
- Provides technical leadership and is the ISS owner for one or more domain/feature teams. Participates (delegates as appropriate) in issue resolution, scalability (application is meeting SLAs and performance is proactively monitored), integration, capacity planning (people and systems), critical production issues via conference call, and software development future direction activities.
- Works with ISS leadership including Scrum Masters on the performance and work of team members, mentors team members with regards to technology best practices and standards and escalates any issues as they deem appropriate. Communicates architecture and design best practices (as guided by the architectural team) to team members and assures their adherence.
- Maintains knowledge of business requirements and ensures standard change control and configuration management practices are followed.
- Assists with interviewing, training, developing, and evaluating staff to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- May be responsible for time approvals (PWA).
- Position requires a bachelor' s degree with coursework in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field and a minimum of five years' related work experience in applications design and programming. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Position requires senior level working knowledge with multiple technology disciplines. Languages may include but are not limited to:
- o Weblogic, Java and J2EE development skills; including recent experience with Oracle Weblogic 8.1 and greater.
- o A thorough understanding of the Java collections framework and comprehensive knowledge of Web and Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) container models and J2EE transactional control as well as experience with multiple J2EE persistence strategies: Data Access Object (DAO), Object-to-Relational (O/R) mapping, Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), and transaction demarcation is required. Experience with iterative software development practices, recent Oracle SQL, Extensible Markup Language (XML) development, Object-oriented and Service-oriented design, including knowledge of data transfer objects and associated design patterns is also required.
- o Experience with Adobe Flex development, J2EE data integration, Agile, TDD, Oracle Toplink Application Program Interface (API) mapping and experience with Java Message Service (JMS) and Message Driven Bean (MDB) development is preferred;