Technical Project Manager
2350 NW 117th Place Miami, Florida 33182
Technical Project Manager
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Technical Project Manager looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for a Technical Project Manager for one of our top multimedia clients in Miami, FL. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more
- Responsible for developing, planning and executing strategic initiatives and other medium to large scale projects; provide project and program management support
- Responsible for coordination across various projects with a strong focus on Technical Production projects; liaise between project teams and keep the teams coordinated
- Responsible for defining, streamlining and implementing new workflows and processes across all departments of Technology and Operations
- Establish new quality standards, processes and implement tools to improve, measure and monitor the services delivered by Telemundo Technology and Operations to its internal and external clients.
- Approach Project Management in a pragmatic way and analyze workload generated versus positive impact on the project and the organization overall.
- Responsible for overall project tracking and updates to management with regard to project budgets, milestones, deadlines and deliverables
- Provide technical expertise and identify solutions to teams to help resolve issues
- Responsible for managing projects from conceptual stage through to launch including timelines, tasks, budget and reporting
- Work with leadership to ensure all operational, production, and technical requirements are defined, documented and protected throughout transitions
- Work closely with operational partners and handle client-facing communications with regard to change management
- Assist with the implementation of project management governance program, implementing best practices and defining standards as appropriate
- Provide technical and operational expertise to support Telemundo organizations and productions on a daily basis
- Other duties and projects as assigned Basic
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering, Film/TV production or Operations, or related field preferred and a minimum 5 years technical and operational experience in large scale media environment (Broadcast, TV, News and information, Live Entertainment); or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated success managing large projects and change management efforts, with the ability to define, communicate and implement the strategic direction of the business
- Operational background, including production operations, live entertainment programming, studios, digital technologies, post production, and experience of IT file based workflows, and technical on air
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units
- Demonstrated leadership, management & analytical skills required, project-based management experience highly desirable
- Proven success working in a matrix organization influencing stakeholders across multiple business units and on all levels of management
- Ability to lead and direct others, promote positive work environment and problem solve
- Must be self-motivating, self-sufficient and have the strong ability to work effectively as an individual or as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively under tight deadlines, in high-pressure situations and in a team-oriented environment to work well under pressure
- Process oriented, good at identifying and implementing best practices, and very organized
- Change agent; creative and adaptable when facing challenges
- Ability to develop strong client relationships with multiple business units and their representatives
- Superior communications skills; demonstration of best in class customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, MS Project and other related tools
- Preferred: PMP Certification
- Preferred: Bilingual English / Spanish
- Preferred: LEAN/CAP training and experience
- Preferred: Six Sigma Green and/or Black Belt Certification