Technical Specialist, Hadoop
1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando, FL 32819
This role is located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ with shuttle service from New York City and Brooklyn.
We are seeking a Hadoop Administrator to become an integral part of our team! (6 month contract position) Possible extension.
This is an administration role that includes, change management and compliance with the potential of some development responsibilities on minor enhancements and break/fixes.
- The position includes ensuring all system issues are resolved in a timely manner. Problem and Change Management ITIL tool-set in tracking and providing status on support work activities.
- Coordinating the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices.
- Perform all software upgrades and patching partnering with the necessary Infrastructure teams. Provide work estimates as needed. Facilitate and lead meetings with end users. Keeps management, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc.
- Review project requirements and write technical specifications
- Debug, test, and fix errors
- Document code development and revisions
- Create and use software tools to help automate writing code
- Previous experience in programming, software development, or other related fields
- Knowledge of Java, Python, or other programming languages
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- ? Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.