6100 Old Park Lane Orlando, FL 32835
4-6 month project. Bachelor' s degree in IT/computer science/etc is required.
The IBM WebSphere Commerce System Admin and Developer will be a member of the Application Technology Services team responsible for delivering solutions for our guests, trading partners, internal team members and business stakeholders.
This position is responsible for creating, configuring, managing and administering critical commerce infrastructure that supports key business for our Merchandise team. This will include setup and configuration of the Aurora Starter store per the business requirements. The successful candidate is an accomplished technical lead and hands-on engineer with a record of effectively managing multiple large-scale distributed WebSphere environments. This position may also be responsible for enabling, developing, unit testing, deploying, maintaining and supporting WCS features and enhancements for our eCommerce platform supporting merchandise on our web and mobile experiences. You should have the aptitude and enthusiasm for building and servicing highly distributed, scalable and mission-critical systems. You should be open to learn and work on new / other existing systems in the ecosystem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- ? Bring the expertise on building, implementing and configuring the Aurora Starter store in a new environment.
- Gain solid understanding of the existing business process, workflows and data.
- ? Work with project managers and application support throughout the complete project cycle.
- ? Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- ? Implement appropriate monitoring, alerting and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- ? Develop and document disaster-recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
- ? Develop applications and/or configures, builds, reviews and unit tests software/solutions as required.
- Provide support for production applications.
- ? Monitor the JVM performance by analyzing heap, connection pools and garbage collection patterns.
- Provision, maintain, configure and operate servers (new / existing) not just limited to WebSphere Commerce but also other systems in the ecosystem / stack as required.
- ? Maintain comprehensive understanding of applications, message driven beans (MDB), EJB and web services.
- Maintain a good understanding of Websphere Commerce specific installation, configuration and maintenance.
- ? Partner / collaborate with several teams – architecture, development, DBAs, server ops, datacenter, dev ops, operations, etc.
- Ensure security related standards are met.
- ? Work with the monitoring team to set up all alerts for performance and improve response times.
- ? Configure applications for best performance.
- ? Plan for and apply application software patches.
- ? Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required (examples: knowledge of specific aspects of an industry, technical knowledge and/or skills, communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability…).
- ? Excellent knowledge of supporting software on Red Hat Linux.
- ? Strong understanding of networking and security concepts.
- ? Deep understanding of JDBC and JMS connection management within WebSphere.
- Strong knowledge of WebSphere Commerce v7.x/v8.x application development
- Experience implementing the Aurora Starter Store.
- ? Working knowledge of IBM MQ and/or other messaging technologies.
- Working knowledge of Websphere Application Server, IBM HTTP server, Web servers like NGINX.
- Strong knowledge of specific Java technologies including JSP, JSTL, JDBC and JAXB is preferred
- Working knowledge of developing Micro Services using Node.js
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning is preferred
- Ability to work independently, work in a fast paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
- ? Basic knowledge in DB2 and NoSQL DBs.
- ? Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- ? Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- ? Able to collaborate effectively and excel in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, collaborative team player with professional demeanor
- Intellectual curiosity and strong willingness to learn.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’ s degree is required in MIS preferred.
- ? 7 years of experience supporting middleware, packaged applications and system administration.
- ? 4+ years of hands-on experience administering WebSphere Application Server ND, standalone edition with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- 5 years of experience building and maintaining a global ecommerce platform such as IBM' s WebSphere Commerce Suite
- System Administration, Developer certification and experience preferred.
- Experience with containers like Docker, Kubernetes a plus.
- ? Experience with Cloud technologies (IaaS or PaaS) a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools a plus.