Technical Writer - Systems Analyst
1000 Universal Studios Plaza orlando, Florida 32819
Technical Writer – Systems Analyst
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Technical Writer looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking a Technical Writer for one of our top multimedia clients in Orlando, FL. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
- Senior Technical Writer to help the client document our systems to share information and encapsulate our tribal knowledge.
- Capture tacit knowledge and publish it across the teams.
- Collaborate with the engineering team and translate their code into usable documentation for other groups of engineers, complete with detailed explanations and code samples.
- Write and enhance user and developer guides, including reference materials, tutorials, API, Microservices documentation.
- Organize and audit the documentation library to keep information relevant over time.
- Provide structure and support for developers writing technical documentation, champion good documentation habits, and help people focus on the most important things to document.
- Develop new templates and document types to meet the evolving needs of the company.
- Establish standards, style guides, and best practices for documentation.
- Help promotes company-wide knowledge sharing practices.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Communications, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical writer or information developer.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience creating API, Microservices, architectural, and other engineering-focused documentation.
- Experience working in a software development environment.
- Familiar with the software development lifecycle and Agile processes.
- Good foundation in programming, API design, and software architecture.
- Experience with source control and bug-tracking systems.
- Proven ability to learn new systems and develop product expertise quickly.
- Experience with various forms of documentation delivery technologies, including XML and wikis.
- Experience with Confluence and Rally.